Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

ABS Lights with a twist.

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Kit

ABS Lights with a twist.

Post by Kit » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:45 pm

I was doing a long run up to North Wales from Cornwall when after 70 miles the ABS lights came on.
Stopped at Exeter and on restarting no lights great then after 5 miles back on,on my next break the same thing happened. The next day the same happened did about 60 miles and the lights came on. Little runs 15 miles to work then back after work no lights at all.
A chap at work has a tester to tell me the fault codes so as to tell which wheel sensor is duff, hopefully thats the problem. But he did mention that that could fix it for a few weeks and return because of some ring or something lost me a bit at that point.
Seems the long drive I did the week before at 60 mph no lights 70 mph plus ish ;-) the lights come on?
Old Z3 2.2 Sport Grey White leather Great car looks just the part, Current Z4 3.0si Sport Auto Grey Red Leather better car great engine handling super, not as pretty as the 3, 2 different cars

highway1

ABS Lights with a twist.

Post by highway1 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:32 pm

It sounds the same as when I had the dreaded ABS pump failure, in my coupe.

The lights came on but the next day they were off again and I just thought it was a blip. But the warning lights always come back!

First, get the fault codes read ( cant remember the ABS fault codes but its usually 2 codes that come back) and if its confirmed its the ABS pump than the best thing to do is get it removed and sent off to ECU testing. They rebuild it (with better parts than original) and offer a lifetime guarantee for about £335.

Kit

ABS Lights with a twist.

Post by Kit » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:19 pm

Well got this chap at work with a professional ODB2 reader cost him £1500 to look at the codes and it turns out to be one of the pins on the ABS module so he reset the codes and I will clean the pins this weekend.
Old Z3 2.2 Sport Grey White leather Great car looks just the part, Current Z4 3.0si Sport Auto Grey Red Leather better car great engine handling super, not as pretty as the 3, 2 different cars

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

ABS Lights with a twist.

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Phew, that's good news OP. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black