Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sticking passenger seatbelt

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Herbie33

Post by Herbie33 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:11 am

Hi all

Just got my Z4M and one of the items that should have been fixed when I bought it was the passenger seat belt that won't easily retract.

As the garage I bought it from is in West Sussex and I live in Cambridge it's a bit of a trek to take it back to get it fixed.

The question is it a common problem and is it an easy fix/replacement?

Cheers

Herbie33

Post by Herbie33 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:12 am

Sorry realised I've put this in the wrong forum

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:27 am

Cannot be really diy fixed, but you could try vacuuming or blowing dust and dirt out the mechanism. I heard all sorts of diy fixes from washing to silicone lube, but wouldn't try them on a life saving device and lube will likely just gum up and n time

Easy fix to replace, but expensive new. Lots on eBay for £50 but you'd have to gamble on quality and any fraying of webbing
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Herbie33

Post by Herbie33 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:54 am

Cheers, the garage has offered to send me a new one to install so any help with a how to will be greatly appreciated