Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Air Bag Mudule repalcement - problems

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Unclepip

Post by Unclepip » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:50 pm

Due to a connector corrosion problem it became necessary to replace my Air Bag Control module, as the faulty one was crashing my K Bus and causing all sorts of related problems.

The module has been replaced with an "identical part number" - functionally everything works as it should. However, the air bag light remains on. Colleagues have tried to reset the alarms using their Snap On diagnostic computer - but to no avail. The computer reports error "wrong chassis Number".

Reading on the web there seems to be a suggestion that it is necessary to have the various sensors synch'ed / initialised? is this the case and if so is BMW the only (and likely costly) party that can undertake this?

I hope someone can throw some light on this for me please.

Phil

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:25 pm

It stores the vin of the car so you will need to run some software called winkfp to sort this out.
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

Unclepip

Post by Unclepip » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:15 pm

Hi Mac, Many thanks for coming to my rescue again :D

I have some software I bought from a member a couple of year ago, along with an OBDB dongle EDIABAS - from cable shack. It has WINKFP as part of the programme WINKFP Version 5.3.1 is this going to work for me? Do you have any user guides / instructions please?

Once many thanks, am I right in thinking you are in Shepshed?

Phil

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:51 pm

PM sent
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

Unclepip

Post by Unclepip » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:26 pm

I have plugged by laptop in to the car and launched Cableshack software. INPA allows me to see live data from the car - so the lead and package are working OK.

However, when I launch WINKFP - in comfort mode and select Choose ZUSB or UPDATE ZUSB the windows do not populate with any data! Do I need to import any files e.g. assembly line data - if so where do I find the file, if it is not necessary to load any files, any idea why screens might not be populating, do I need to any configuration in WINKFP, if so what

Hope you can help, thanks

Phil