Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof problem

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Mattdaniels94

Roof problem

Post by Mattdaniels94 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi all,

A few weeks ago my soft top stopped working completely with just a red flashing light on the switch constantly on. I have had the motor refurbished and replaced the roof module. I have had some success and the roof goes down and up again, however, it stops and starts in the middle of the operation. So I know that both the roof motors and the roof module work my next thought is the roof micro switches and hall sensors.

Would anyone know where all of the sensors and micro switches are located? I could then test each one to see where the fault may be.

Thanks all for your help,

Matt

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Roof problem

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:53 pm

Sounds like an intermittent power issue. Check the fuse behind the glovebox, I think it's No 53, but if not it's one of the four maxi fuses, 40a, fifth from the right. They can work loose.. The roof system has THREE fuses. One supplies power to the roof module, switch and sensors, another feeds the relay that controls the latching motor, and the big one feeds the relay for the main motor.

Mike