Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

cd stuck !!!

Lance

Re: cd stuck !!!

Post by Lance » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:47 pm

Facing the cartridge along the right hand gap, there's a release tab thing. Just flick it and bobs yer ......

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:58 pm

My magazine gets stuck from time to time too, and I use the "wriggle-it-and-tap-it-whilst-swearing-and-pressing-the-eject-button" technique. Knowing where the release tab is to be found might make it easier to eject the magazine at motorway speeds :D ... What chance an annotated photograph please?
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

Lance

Post by Lance » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Have just been out and checked the release tab thing and I may have been a bit hasty with my previous description. It is actually the individual CD holder, the one that's stuck, that I am flicking when stuck. It does however always free up immediately.

Take the cartridge out and put back in and watch the right hand side, as it will load each CD in turn. When stuck the one showing in the gap is the one needing a prod.

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Ah yes, I know now what you are referring to.
I've found mine has been less problematic of late since I dismantled it into its individual CD carriers and gave everything a thorough Mr Sheening. If you try this, I'd recommend allowing it to thoroughly dry before reassembly lest Mr Sheen etches the surface of the CDs or damages the drive.
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:00 pm

BMWZ4MC wrote:Ah yes, I know now what you are referring to.
I've found mine has been less problematic of late since I dismantled it into its individual CD carriers and gave everything a thorough Mr Sheening. If you try this, I'd recommend allowing it to thoroughly dry before reassembly lest Mr Sheen etches the surface of the CDs or damages the drive.
I'll give it a try and it makes sense because sprays like mr Sheen usually contain synthetic compounds rather than wax - the thing still skips over some bumps though, must look at the Aux fitting for an iPod
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

bat1959

Post by bat1959 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:52 pm

When I first got my Z, I inadvertently put a CD in the head unit when there was one in it already :oops:
I eventually got it out by using a thin butter knife covered in double sided tape. Put the knife in the slot and it stuck to the CD and it simply pulled out. I hope this helps anyone silly enough to do the same and who knows it might work with just one CD stuck in the head unit?
2004 3.0i SE, My MOD's: Gaptech remote/one touch, MFSW, Cruise, brake light ring mod, OEM strut brace (black), OEM MP3 capable head unit & Stubby.