Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Question about aux/mp3/iphone

dauntless101

Question about aux/mp3/iphone

Post by dauntless101 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:39 pm

I know that there are many different posts here where people make custom adapters to allow their Apple products to be integrated, but I wanted to know what all of my options are? Is it best to use a Dice-branded product such as the Media Bridge? Or just connect an aux cable to the back of the stereo?

Also, if I wanted to order a factory made aux cable that plugs directly into the back of the head unit, which should I buy? Really not interested in soldering/making my own like a lot of the threads on here show you how to do.

I have a 2003 Z4 3.0i manufactured 07/2003.

Mangozac

Re: Question about aux/mp3/iphone

Post by Mangozac » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:15 am

I would strongly recommend the Dension Gateway 100 or Gateway 300 (the latter provides support for a flash drive with MP3s on it in addition to iPod connection). I've been running a Gateway 300 for a couple of months now and am VERY happy with it. Installation was simple plug and play. It has full text support on the BMW Business CD head unit so you can see your song name and everything.

Don't get Dice - a lot of people have a lot of problems with them.
Current: 06 E85 M Silbergrau
Previous: E85 3.0si Silbergrau, 03 E85 2.5i Maldives Blue.
Mods: Gaptech OTH+R, Dension Gateway 300 with USB, CDV-, clear side indicators, euro tails, stubby, MFSW retrofit, OEM Bluetooth/VR