Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

bluetooth or not bluetooth

srhutch

Re: bluetooth or not bluetooth

Post by srhutch » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:35 pm

I have a complete Bluetooth retrofit kit for sale if interested.

VvrooomM

bluetooth or not bluetooth

Post by VvrooomM » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:51 pm

Any instructions or pics scrutch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z4MC midnight blue with CSL's + VREDs, extd light sepang leather, folding mirrors, stubby aerial, retro bluetooth, prof nav, intravee ipod kit, storage and cup holders!!, laser LRC100, DSP hi-fi, storage and privacy.....is that it?

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:07 pm

VvrooomM wrote:Any instructions or pics scrutch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have a PM

and for others link to For Sale Thread

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... ch#p428330

Drexel

Post by Drexel » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:36 am

Hi all!

This is my first official post on the Z4 Forum... I just picked up a 2004 Z4 3.0i on Friday, and I'm getting a feel for it.

One item I'm really missing is the Aux in; and I'm not at all sure if there's Bluetooth enabled in the vehicle, even though all the buttons are there on the steering wheel, the mic. is on the steering column, and the screen (I have NAV) shows a Telephone option... I just can't seem to get any bluetooth device to locate the vehicle, which leads me to believe that there's no bluetooth module in the car. Go figure.

So, I've ordered myself the Aux in which I'm going to install, and I'm thinking of ordering a bluetooth receiver off eBay. Has anyone plugged a bluetooth receiver into their aux in and can they confirm if it works for both music & phonecalls? I'm using an iPhone 4.

Much appreciated!

Drexel

VvrooomM

Post by VvrooomM » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:41 am

Drexel you need to kick the car into 'pairing mode' before your phone will be able to see it.
Z4MC midnight blue with CSL's + VREDs, extd light sepang leather, folding mirrors, stubby aerial, retro bluetooth, prof nav, intravee ipod kit, storage and cup holders!!, laser LRC100, DSP hi-fi, storage and privacy.....is that it?

Drexel

Post by Drexel » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Drexel you need to kick the car into 'pairing mode' before your phone will be able to see it.
I've done some reading about this - I thought the pairing mode was merely starting the vehicle and trying to pair within the first 20-30 seconds? I start the car and try this with no luck... and I doing this wrong? I don't have the manual as it didn't come with the vehicle when I purchased it, so any assistance is greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks!