Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

iPhone / Bluetooth / Music /Nav

vanilla

iPhone / Bluetooth / Music /Nav

Post by vanilla » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:45 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for the best non-intrusive and cost-effective audio/phone/nav options for my Z4.

Sorry that I'm probably repeating..but there are overwhelming posts. Would be useful if there was a sticky of the common options if someone could direct me there..

Ideally want someway of using 4S in car to make calls/texts and play music through the car speakers..but also need someway to charge the phone. I have a separate TomTom for nav but the charging cable keeps breaking or it keeps falling off so sometimes i have to use google maps app with the phone in the ashtray, it keeps knocking over though.

Options:
- Parrot Mki9100 looks good but perhaps too many bits to stick around the dash and the controls near the gearbox..+ looks a bit cluttered and might be fiddly to use.. enquired at a garage and could be fit for £40
- bluetooth stereo with AUX in - enquired at garage and approx £150 +£10 cables + £15 fascia + £50 to get fixed
- iPhone holder + aux in / separate bluetooth, is there any way of using siri?
- garmin Nav with bluetooth? then get separate aux

I don't mind trying simple fittings /installations myself (no experience) but don't want to screw up the wiring...also if I spend on a bluetooth stereo, which I think it less visually intrusive would it be possible to transfer to another car IF I sell the Z?

Thanks for your help in advance!
2.0 SE Z4 Roadster Sapphire Black, Red Leather.
MM gear knob.
R. I. P :(

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Re: iPhone / Bluetooth / Music /Nav

Post by Stuart Truman » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:33 pm

Hmm. Lots of options available to you.

My preference would be a Dice Mediabridge which would give you the Bluetooth and iPod playback. I think that allows Siri functionality too

You could use a mount from Brodit that allows the phone to turn horizontal and use its nav features too.
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

vanilla

Post by vanilla » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:06 pm

Thanks Stuart, is it quite straightforward to install on a 55plate or needs to be done by a professional? Looks really good but also costly...
2.0 SE Z4 Roadster Sapphire Black, Red Leather.
MM gear knob.
R. I. P :(

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:12 pm

I've not fitted one, but there is a very comprehensive video on youtube. The most fiddly part is getting the cables out of the autochanger if you have one. If not, then you're in good shape as the cables will be there waiting to be connected to something. The Dice itself will fit in the centre console tucked up behind the ashtray. See links for details

Part 1

Part 2
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue