Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Dension with DSP

SteveD

Dension with DSP

Post by SteveD » Fri May 24, 2013 1:42 pm

My CD changer has given up the ghost so I am considering replacing with some Dension kit. There are a heap load of postings on here about all this, but I am still unclear as to whether the Dension will work with DSP. I have the 10 speaker pre facelift business audio system with DSP options. No sat nav. I don't yet know if it is digital or analogue.

Other posts suggest that the Dension will work with with DSP if you purchase a DSP converter (and that includes one with a reply from Dension). Dension web site compatibility list says head units with DSP are not supported. That may just mean that it will work but is not suported by them.

So a few questions for anyone who has done this
1) Will the Dension work with DSP business audio head unit?
2) Digital presumably needs a DSP converter but if analogue DSP will that work with no extra connector?
3) Does anyone have any recommendations as to a DSP converter?

Apologies if these have been answered elsewhere but as I say I couldn't find a definitve answer.
2003 2.5 Sterling Grey

ranski
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Dension with DSP

Post by ranski » Fri May 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Denison works with DSP as I used to have one until I moved to the intravee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z4 3.0 / Mods done... too many to mention

SteveD

Post by SteveD » Fri May 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Thanks Ranski
2003 2.5 Sterling Grey

Chazaxl

Post by Chazaxl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Which Dension unit works. I have a 'left over' 500 GW unit but from what I can tell, this wont work in my 2003 Z4 with 10 Speaker Carver and no Nav.

RenoRaines

Post by RenoRaines » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:56 pm

Just in case any of you guys were wondering I've recently fitted Dension Gateway Lite (series 3xxx) to my friends 2003 2.5i Z4, with 10 speaker setup (amp but without DSP) and Business HU. Plug and play and even managed to get the CD-text to work without an issue. He's really satisfied. After HU is out we weren't able to distinguish if it's a Becker unit or not.
I'm waiting for my Gateway Lite BT unit to arrive and to install it. I have the Business Navigation unit with phone preparation. Which according to Dension will not have the CD-text. I'll let you know for sure :)