Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help, amplifier wiring diagram

Infamous

Help, amplifier wiring diagram

Post by Infamous » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:33 am

Hello,
Can anyone help me with an amplifier main connector diagram? My left side door has no sound and I don't want to take the door cards off, I just want to give signal to speakers to see if there is no problem in between.

Thank you,
Edi

bcworkz

Re: Help, amplifier wiring diagram

Post by bcworkz » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:01 pm

Check out http://www.bmw-planet.com/diagrams/rele ... /index.htm
The navigation does use Java, which is disabled on some browsers, or non-existent on others, such as mobile devices.
"The cause of most problems are solutions" (06 3.0si, sport pkg)

CrazySmurf

Post by CrazySmurf » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:01 am

Hi,

I am also looking for a wiring diagram.

Got water in the boot, comes in when car parked with front higher than back, but only happens on driver side for some strange reason.

Anyway the water wrecked my amp and I didn't want to pay for a brand new one and couldn't find a z4 one cheap so in the end went for an X3 amp because I was told they were identical.

Turns out they aren't, the Z4 has 5 outputs for the 10 speakers and the X3 amp has only 3 outputs, so my passenger side door speakers don't work, although the sub behind passenger does.

So my plan is to bridge the speaker amp output wires between the driver side door and the passenger side door to get them working. I'm guessing the speakers will only have half the power available but I don't listen to the radio at full blast anyway so that's okay.

Please can someone tell me which wires are for what so that I can cross them to get all speakers working?

Thanks.

beaststeve

Post by beaststeve » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:19 pm

I am in the process of replacing the head unit and amplifier (keeping the speakers), and I have got this information regarding wiring in a 10 speaker DSP system:

Left Door BLUE WIRES (white and brown stripes)
Left Mirror YELLOW WIRES (red and brown stripes)
Left Footwell RED WIRES (brown and yellow stripes)

Right Door BLUE WIRES (red and brown stripes)
Right Mirror BLUE WIRES (black and brown stripes)
Right Footwell BLUE WIRES (red and brown stripes)

Left Rear YELLOW WIRES (black and brown stripes)
Right Rear WHITE WIRES (black and brown stripes)

Left Subwoofer BROWN and YELLOW wires
Right Subwoofer BROWN and BLUE wires