Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Aux whilst keeping bluetooth and cd changer.

ros53y

Aux whilst keeping bluetooth and cd changer.

Post by ros53y » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:46 pm

I know its been done again and again but has anything been made so that i can plug it in and have the option to select AUX on the display and play music through the lead at the same volume as it would play if I was using a cd? I've been reading for over two hours and trying different methods and it seems the last option is to make my own lead with resistors and capacitors in it. I am not very clever with electronics and for what its worth the car is a 2006 (65) z4m with nav, cd changer and the ten speaker system. Thanks
Ross

srhutch

Re: Aux whilst keeping bluetooth and cd changer.

Post by srhutch » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:31 pm

All aux leads retain BT and the CD changer. You can buy the leads from BMW or fleabay or other places.

ros53y

Post by ros53y » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:54 pm

I have the lead, it works but is quiet and replaces the cd changer. I can see in other threads that people have had it working properly with the aux function showing on the screen. I'm still messing around with the car and haven't stopped looking since this post. Stupid design is making me so frustrated.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:58 pm

ros53y wrote:I have the lead, it works but is quiet and replaces the cd changer. I can see in other threads that people have had it working properly with the aux function showing on the screen. I'm still messing around with the car and haven't stopped looking since this post. Stupid design is making me so frustrated.
You need to merge the pins in the plug with the existing plug.

Regarding the quietness, have you tried another source (player)?
Last edited by srhutch on Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ros53y

Post by ros53y » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:06 pm

I've tried different devices and players etc. As for merging pins I've had the stereo out five times so far today to try different methods I've seen on the internet and none of which seem to work. Some say to merge with the bluetooth input in the same place as the pins were in the old plug. Others say to merge with the cd changer but the pins are in the exact same place so if i were to splice it, I'd still get the cd playing over the aux and it wouldn't help the quiet issue. Not to mention its not the proper way to do it.

I've just bought one of these now http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1066788151 Ill wait for it to show up and see how it goes. It sounds promising and even states I wont lose any functions. However there are NO sockets left in the back of my stereo so I don't know where he expects me to plug it. They're happy about it on this page...http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=240

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:37 pm

It's the bluetooth plug you need to use reading that thread. If you have removed the cd plug and plugged aux in there it might explain your problem.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:34 pm

This might help