Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Does an aux connection work when phone is installed?

E86montego

Does an aux connection work when phone is installed?

Post by E86montego » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:48 pm

*Disclaimer, I understand that the aux topic has been covered approximately 14,000 times*.

However, I have followed many of the useful guides on here to install an aux lead into my 'Business' stereo and I've had no luck whatsoever. My car doesn't have DSP but does have CD changer and a bluetooth phone installed. From what I've read, the bluetooth phone is stopping me from having an aux lead? Could anybody shine some light on this?

Thanks.

sk93
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Does an aux connection work when phone is installed?

Post by sk93 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:07 pm

Nope. not as far as I know.

There are pins for aux and seperate pins for phone audio.

You MAY have to remove the square plug that holds the phone audio in cables in place, as I think both the aux and phone pins are in the same "block" on the back of the stereo, but you'll find that this square plug doesn't have anything in for the aux pins...

can you post up a good pic of the square plug that plugs into the bottom LEFT part of the main stereo harness
hard to explain, but the big square plug that goes into the back of the headunit is actually three seperate plugs held together in a bracket.
when looking at the bracket from the WIRE side (eg, the wires are coming towards you), the bit I'm interested in will be the bottom LEFT plug.
it's two pins high and about 6 pins wide (so, 12 pins in total).

If you can post a pic of that, I can help diagnose with you :)
:zzzz:

E86montego

Post by E86montego » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:12 am

Thanks for getting back to me, I managed to get a picture last night. Hopefully is clear enough.

nfbr

Post by nfbr » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:16 pm

Can you get a photo of the wiring/pin out diagram which SHOULD hopefully be on the underside of the radio?

I'm looking to work out a way to run CD Changer, Aux and Bluetooth.

Hopefully it should be something like this:

If so, You should be able to remove the 3 pins from your new aux cable and insert them in the Bluetooth cable, or vice versa.