Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

window regulator fitting

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
De4n

window regulator fitting

Post by De4n » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:16 pm

I've just ordered a new window regulator, (from Sopers) but can't find if there's a fitting guide on the forum. I've found the guide for removing the door card. Has any one got a "how to" for the regulator. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

peddy
Lifer
Lifer

Re: window regulator fitting

Post by peddy » Sun May 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Not for a Zed, but should help... http://www.impee.co.uk/windowregulator_repair.htm

Greeno

Post by Greeno » Sun May 02, 2010 8:21 pm

I fitted mine a couple of days ago. once the door card is off it is fairly simple.

5 nuts will get the old one off.

three on the one the has the motor on. then one obvious one on the other one plus another on the underside of the door. feel on the underside and you'll find two plastic blanks. remove them and you'll find the nut.

it is easier to remove the old ones if you cut one of the cables.

Make sure you get the lateral position right. the side with the motor just has a pin holding the glass on the other has a torx bolt. loosen this slightly to get the lateral play. TIS talks about removing the door handle. dont owrry about that.

you might screw up the door liner when removing. if you need a new one it is about 20 GBP re-fix with butyl tape, silicon or gaffa tape. everyone has an opinion on it.
"Rules are for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools"

elliot_holder

Post by elliot_holder » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Getting the lateral position is a pain in the arse! I've had my door card of twice since fitting a new regulator, as the window didnt quite fit flush, and i found i had loads more wind noise..

Thankfully third time lucky I seem to have sorted it. Replacing the regulator is a relatively simple job, just a bit of a fiddle..
3.0i z4 - Prof Sat Nav,TV, //M suspension. 19'' Alpina Dynamics, Red //M sport seats, soon to be fitted Alpina front spolier.

Sirwacko

Post by Sirwacko » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:19 am

got mine to do tomoz! :?