Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

REMOVING CONVERTIBLE TOP

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
sctiberio

REMOVING CONVERTIBLE TOP

Post by sctiberio » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:42 am

I'M TRYING TO REMOVE MY CONVERTIBLE TOP. IT'S ALL SET TO COME OUT, BUT I CAN'T GET THE BOTTOM REAR FRAME, (STRIP), OUT AND AND OVER THE BODY COWEL. THIS IS THE REAR, BOTTOM METAL STRIP THAT IS BOLTED TO THE BODY. THE MANUAL SHOWS SLIDING A SPECIAL TOOL BETWEEN THE BODY AND THE STRIP JUST BEHIND THE DOOR POST TO "LEVER" IT OUT. I'M GEETING NOWHERE. HAS ANYBODY DOEN THIS?

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Re: REMOVING CONVERTIBLE TOP

Post by AlanJ » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:38 am

Not sure what the problem is but heres a link to Shipkillers (Forum Member) website which tells you how to do it.

http://www.shipkiller.com/

AND welcome to the Forum :thumbsup:
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

chrismann85

Post by chrismann85 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:40 am

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

I know americans are renowned for being loud but must you shout everything? :P
Chris

05MY 2.0l Z4 - ToledoBlue/Oregon Leather, Ellipsiod 107s with Falken 452s, DICE, ZHP Gear Knob... no stubby!

WANTED: Sport seats, audio upgrades, MFSW... PM me

sctiberio

Post by sctiberio » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:32 am

I TYPE IN ALL CAPS FOR MY JOB. I JUST NEVER TURN IT OFF. SORRY!!

Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Andy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:24 am

then surely now is your chance to relax & enjoy the whole ascii language at it's best :P

so yeah, keep the noise down, it's late in the UK 8)

the link above is sooo comprehensive, good luck :thumbsup:
Imola Z4MR #0026 6 yrs, & 66k so far..

elliot_holder

Post by elliot_holder » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:54 pm

I'm having this problem as well. (Using shipkillers guide - Thanks Shipkiller, excellent by the way!).

I've removed all the bolts from the metal strip, but from Ship Killers guide I cant quite work out how to pull the strip free of the clips at the front of the frame..

Shipkillers guides says a sliding tool isnt necessary to lever it out. So just wondering what the easiest way is to do it.

Thanks
3.0i z4 - Prof Sat Nav,TV, //M suspension. 19'' Alpina Dynamics, Red //M sport seats, soon to be fitted Alpina front spolier.

elliot_holder

Post by elliot_holder » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:03 pm

Ignore me - sorted it now.

Sat down and pondered the problem over a cup of team, and eventually worked out i could pry open the clip whilst pulling the mteal strip up at the same time.. Once I'd work it out, was done in about 5 mins! :D

Top out, now time for new roof motor! Just in time for the winter!
3.0i z4 - Prof Sat Nav,TV, //M suspension. 19'' Alpina Dynamics, Red //M sport seats, soon to be fitted Alpina front spolier.