Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How easy is it to remove the gas pedal?

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
swold

How easy is it to remove the gas pedal?

Post by swold » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:52 pm

Hello - is there anyone out there who has retrofitted the gas pedal before who could tell me how you get it off? Had a couple of attempts but with no luck as I don't want to force it in the wrong direction, i've taken the allen bolt out at the bottom middle of the pedal, does it slide up...forward... backwards? mines not moving at all....well whichever way could someone let me know.

Did find a link once, but now I need it can't find it anywhere!!

Thanks is advance.

srhutch

Re: How easy is it to remove the gas pedal?

Post by srhutch » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:00 pm

All Z4's come with a gas pedal, it wasn't an option :poke:

I guess you mean the ///M type pedal though, CJ10jeeper has fitted them and I'm sure he will be along soon.

swold

Post by swold » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:35 am

I feel like a fool now........and can't think of a sarcy comment to reply, but yes I want to change my boring pedals to something a little more interesting and shiny.

Going to have another go this morning, been told to grab hold of it and give it a good yank....and I said YANK!

Wish me luck.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:08 am

Why not just do what everyone else does and fit a trim on top. They are cheap as chips off Ebay and can be obtained for manual and auto.

At the time of fitting they were only available as ///M or Schnitzer, but no doubt more styles around now
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

swold

Post by swold » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:53 pm

They look really nice, that's exactley what I want to get, the silver and red style goes well with the rest of the interior. What my concern was whether they fit nicely onto the original pedaIs, I should be able to do quite a good job now I've worked out how to get the damm thing out.

I can't believe how easy it was in the end :thumbsup: , I was being a little gentle at first, when all you need to do is pull the pedal up and it comes out.

Now off to ebay....