Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

reset service indicator

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
philhotmail

reset service indicator

Post by philhotmail » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:41 pm

hi does anyone know how to reset oil service indicator on the z4 2007 model 2.0 cheers phil, can it be done manually or is s tool required

konas

Re: reset service indicator

Post by konas » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:31 pm

No special tool needed. Just the following key+button combination:

- Iginition OFF (POS 0)
- Press and Hold the trip odometer button while turning key to position 1 (ACCESSORY)
- Keep the button depressed (about 5 secs.) until you see "Oil Service" or "Inspection" with "Reset" or "Re" in the display
- Press the button again and hold for approx. 5 secs. until "Reset" or "Re" flashes
- While the display is flashing, briefly press the button again to reset the Service Interval.

philhotmail

Post by philhotmail » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:54 am

many thanks it is now reset...

philhotmail

Post by philhotmail » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:54 am

many thanks it is now reset...

VvrooomM

reset service indicator

Post by VvrooomM » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:50 pm

Before anyone thinks this is an easy cheat, the car remembers how many times you do this so can tell if you are extending the mileage counter. The resets are visible with devices such as intravee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z4MC midnight blue with CSL's + VREDs, extd light sepang leather, folding mirrors, stubby aerial, retro bluetooth, prof nav, intravee ipod kit, storage and cup holders!!, laser LRC100, DSP hi-fi, storage and privacy.....is that it?

Redzedfour
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Redzedfour » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:10 pm

I tried to reset the brake fluid indicator by using the same method but to no avail.
The brake fluid hadn't been changed but the viscosity was checked and found to be ok so just assumed it wouldn't let me do it as the fluid wasn't changed.
Is that correct ?
Previous,Bright Red 2.2 Roadster
Gone 3.0si Sport coupe Auto,Pearl Grey Leather & Piano Black. MODS, Stubby,Aux,Aero Wipers,De-Badged,452's & Led N/P lights

Dr _Rod

Post by Dr _Rod » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:19 pm

Followed konas guide

Reset light is it always 15500 miles to service intervals ??

Car done 67000 miles now

Many many thanks

Alan

bcworkz

Post by bcworkz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:54 pm

Redzedfour wrote:I tried to reset the brake fluid indicator by using the same method but to no avail.
The brake fluid hadn't been changed but the viscosity was checked and found to be ok so just assumed it wouldn't let me do it as the fluid wasn't changed.
Is that correct ?
No, it has no way of knowing that. It will refuse to reset if a certain time or distance has not been traversed since the last reset.
Dr_Rod wrote:Reset light is it always 15500 miles to service intervals ??
That is the general target, but the actual distance is adjusted up or down quite a bit depending on your driving habits. Consensus is your habits are judged by average fuel mileage achieved.
"The cause of most problems are solutions" (06 3.0si, sport pkg)

Half Colin

Post by Half Colin » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:05 pm

I think I read somewhere, and on here I think, that the service interval for BMWs is calculated on the distance driven for 500 gallons of fuel.
Now E92 330D M Sport, Sapphire Black, AC Schnitzers and carbon badges soon
Sold E86 3.0si Sport, Sapphire Black, AC Schnitzers, carbon badges, ZHP, stubby and NO RUNFLATS!

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Redzedfour wrote:I tried to reset the brake fluid indicator by using the same method but to no avail.
Is that correct ?
It won't know if the fluid has been changed, try this which worked for me,
- Iginition OFF (POS 0)
- Press and Hold the trip odometer button while turning key to Position 1 (Accessory)
- Keep the button depressed (about 5 seconds) until you see 'Oil Service' or 'Inspection' with 'Reset' or 'Re' in the display
- Press the button again and the display will change to 'Brake Fluid' with the square clock symbol
- Press again and hold for about 5 seconds which resets it
- Release the button and switch off the ignition,

The clock symbol should be gone from your start-up service display and will pop up again after two years.
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost