Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Water valve location and replacing

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
dslee

Water valve location and replacing

Post by dslee » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:36 am

Hi,

Annoying fault on my 2005 2.0L Z4. Heater is blowing warm air on driver side, cold air on passenger side. No specific info (that I have found) here, but other forums/posts on BMWs indicate not too uncommon a problem, and point at 'water valves' in the cooling system. Even found US advert for this (I'm in the UK) http://www.davesdiscountautoparts.com/c ... valve.html

Any experience anyone? Anyone know where these valves are and how to replace them?

Many thanks! David

seanodwyer

Re: Water valve location and replacing

Post by seanodwyer » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:31 pm

Mine doing the exact same!! Did you get yours sorted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005, 2.0L E85, Toledo Blue. Mods: Stubby, ZHP gear knob, cruise control, AUX, Cup Holders, De-badged, Brodit Iphone 4 holder, OEM hood cover, Black Grilles, OEM mesh windblocker, Nokia CK-100 car kit, tinted rear lights, ACS pedal set and loads of TLC

bcworkz

Re: Water valve location and replacing

Post by bcworkz » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:16 pm

FYI, it appears 2.0s use a little booster pump:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do ... g=64&fg=18
No sign of a proper heater valve, but parts on this site can be hard to find sometimes. Or the pump being off is adequate to act as a heater valve. I don't really know, sorry. US suppliers will not be a good resource as there are no 2.0s Z4s in the US. There may be N46 engines in other models, I'm not sure.
"The cause of most problems are solutions" (06 3.0si, sport pkg)