Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

"Bleeding Clutch"

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
ZedM

"Bleeding Clutch"

Post by ZedM » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:46 pm

Is it possible to bleed the clutch on a 2003 2.5i SE Z4 without removing the slave cylinder and using a special tool to press in the slave cylinder piston? I'm looking to remove the CDV but it's the "bleeding bit" afterwards that's putting me off. Any suggestions would be welcome - thanks.
2003 Sterling Grey 2.5i SE, 17" Turbines and Falkens (no tramlining!), CDV Delete, Roof Motor Relocation by DLV.

GaryT

Re: "Bleeding Clutch"

Post by GaryT » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:59 pm

Once the cdv is bypassed then all you need is access to the bleed nipple and someone to sit in the car and manually pump the brake pedal, or buy/borrow an autobleed kit

ZedM

Post by ZedM » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:43 pm

jyonaudl wrote:Once the cdv is bypassed then all you need is access to the bleed nipple and someone to sit in the car and manually pump the brake pedal, or buy/borrow an autobleed kit
Thanks for the confirmation. How will pumping the brake pedal help? lol :lol: Don't worry - I know what you meant.
2003 Sterling Grey 2.5i SE, 17" Turbines and Falkens (no tramlining!), CDV Delete, Roof Motor Relocation by DLV.

GaryT

Post by GaryT » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:36 pm

ZedM wrote:
jyonaudl wrote:Once the cdv is bypassed then all you need is access to the bleed nipple and someone to sit in the car and manually pump the brake pedal, or buy/borrow an autobleed kit
Thanks for the confirmation. How will pumping the brake pedal help? lol :lol: Don't worry - I know what you meant.
:lol: :cheers: