Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Interior LED conversion

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
Uncle_Gravy

Interior LED conversion

Post by Uncle_Gravy » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi,

Just wondering what LED bulbs are required for the interior and boot.

Used this website to buy all the stuff LED's for my Accord and hugely impressed with their services http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/

Cheers.

AlpinaRoadsterS

Re: Interior LED conversion

Post by AlpinaRoadsterS » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:34 pm

Here a german thread with all infos:

http://www.zroadster.com/forum/index.ph ... pp.106092/

I have now LED in every place of my Z4 - except the lights for the registration plate.

The great panel is in the boot.

Alpina Roadster S #203 - color: sterling grey - 19" CSL - upholstery: leather red

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:53 pm

All mine were t10 on 04 roadster. Although the one lamp in the middle of cluster above rear view has to be short in depth. I believe some Have the Feston type.
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

Uncle_Gravy

Post by Uncle_Gravy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:43 am

Just to update this, The place I normally shop for LED's updated their page after i inquired about lights for the Zed, and they built up the kit - http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/oem-led-ap ... or-led-kit

Huge transformation over the stock dull yellow bulbs, the only pain was the light unit on the roof, you have three lights (two spot lights and one dome) The dome one was a pain I had to completely dissemble the light unit as the LED wouldn't fit through the hole, but if you push the connector up from below through the hole it is the right width and height to go through and fit in the bulb holder.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:28 pm

As they are different fittings does this kit match up colour wise? What's the quality like and do they last?
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:40 pm

Horizon LEDs have not responded to a query I sent them, so won't be getting anything from them in future.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

brucietheboy

Post by brucietheboy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:10 pm

Uncle_Gravy wrote:Just to update this, The place I normally shop for LED's updated their page after i inquired about lights for the Zed, and they built up the kit - http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/oem-led-ap ... or-led-kit

Huge transformation over the stock dull yellow bulbs, the only pain was the light unit on the roof, you have three lights (two spot lights and one dome) The dome one was a pain I had to completely dissemble the light unit as the LED wouldn't fit through the hole, but if you push the connector up from below through the hole it is the right width and height to go through and fit in the bulb holder.
I found the same thing and managed to do the map reading lights on either side of the center one as there's no cover, but the center one is behind the big clear plastic. Does the clear plastic clip off of the electronic part? I gave it a little lever and the bits near the buttons looked like it wasn't moving so I stopped?
Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport (PDC, Xenons, Cruise, MFSW, Storage Pack, ZHP, Stubby, Eibach, Dension) and Mercedes CD320 CDI Sport

ImageImage