Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Windscreen Wiper position..

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
Andy_mc_mac

Post by Andy_mc_mac » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:17 pm

Hey Guys!

I have JUST bought my 3.0i 03 so very excited!

Have had a quick search - but couldn't find anything.. Possibly because it is just a non generic issue with my particular car.

Does anyone else Windscreen wipers "finishing position" leave the blades too far towards the middle of the screen?
When i collected the car the wipers were in off position so didn't notice. :(

Secondly - is there an "aero" wiper upgrade that people tend to do on this age of Z4?

Thanks for any help in advance!

srhutch

Re: Windscreen Wiper position..

Post by srhutch » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:25 pm

There is a known issue if the wipers stop in various places, or become unresponsive. Excess grease needs to be wiped away from inside the motor. Easy enough diy job although I've never done it myself.

Regarding the blades many have changed to aero but normally this results in the blade not sitting on the screen at the very edge on the passenger side. Personally I prefer the look of the original blades on these cars.

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Windscreen Wiper position..

Post by RickRob » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:35 pm

Hi and welcome.

I certainly agree with srhutch re the aero wipers. I have them and the near side doesn't touch the screen on its outer edge. Also where the blades meet the arms the nice "covers" that are OEM don't fit.

Oh and by the way, when do we get some pictorial evidence that this Zed you are talking about is not a figment of your imagination?

Enjoy :driving:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Oldblueeyes

Post by Oldblueeyes » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:03 pm

As said above, a known problem. It is definitely not easy in my experience. Taking the wiper arms off is easy with the tool for the job. I could not remove without. Removing the plastic screws is a nightmare. Still working through this job.