Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Pork, Strudel & Cheese With Holes - a road trip :-)

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
Bing
Legend
Legend

Re: Pork, Strudel & Cheese With Holes - a road trip :-)

Post by Bing » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:44 pm

Well, Wee Bing and I are home safe, and I think PVR must be back home by now too. What a great experience. Today was a long one though, 1,000km+ in a day, starting at 0845 and getting home at 2145 roughly (plus the one hour time difference). 1,596 miles in total, 24.9mpg over the trip, and the roof was down the whole way back today :driving:

Couple of shots, then I'm done - Mr Bed is calling :zzzz:

Somewhere on the way out of Switzerland :

Somewhere in France

Definitely Calais, finally :

Picked up a few flies on the way back. This is going to take some cleaning :cry:

I have to say, the Europeans know how to do roads - billiard table flat, even in the high passes, and so quiet... The M20 was horrible when we got off the train :x

Though in fairness, on the way up the final road home this was the view, so it wasn't so bad to be back :wink:

I am going to have porker ass burned into my retinas for weeks though :lol:

Hopefully Jax, Zermatt and Tom will continue to post as they're still travelling, currently in Modena. Once I get the photos off my camera and recover more from Wee Bing I will post more. For now however, thanks for reading, and good night :thumbsup:
Last edited by Bing on Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Grumpyowl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:14 pm

Goodnight, :cry:
Your going to bed before cleaning the car :x
Looks like a it was a great trip :thumbsup:

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:34 pm

Welcome home, now get the write up done :poke:

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:16 am

srhutch wrote:Welcome home, now get the write up done :poke:
yeah, but we'll let you take your iPad outside so you can muti-task and clean your car at the same time :lol:
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

ZermattV
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ZermattV » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:26 am

So we are all garaged up in a blazing hot Modena this morning having arrived at about 18:00 last night we had a Tom said a day of two halves a fantastic morning on the wide passes out of Switzerland close to St. Moritz and then after hugging briefly the top of Lake Como we headed for the Passo San Marco which id read about in Car over the winter as they had used it to take a P1 to Modena to meet up with a LaFerrari , the article said it had been a challenge. Tom led today and was doing a very good job of rev matching the 997 through the bends. how they got a P1 up the pass is beyond me.

They are not kidding very tight in places but as you gain height to 2000m the views of the Bergamo Alps were outstanding . after a quick ice cream and a very excitable italian who wanted his photo taken with the cars we headed for San Pellegrino Terme for some Lunch and of course a glass of the local water .

From San Pelegrino to Modena its a pretty uninteresting haul on the Autostrada to Modena - where around Bresica where we saw some pretty poor examples of aggressive driving .

all this was forgotten when we made it to the Hotel around 18:00 - Hotel pool had a sunday night band playing so we celebrated the most southerly point and a day off driving the following day with a few beers and a late meal in the centre of Modena. looking up at the pink plasterwork of the buildings that you always see in the backdrops of Ferrari test drives .

Today the two ferrari Museums in Modena and Maranello.

We are however missing our southern Buddies who came along for the first half and they put in a monster drive yesterday - see you next time Guys :thumbsup: .

My only regret ... not doing this trip or a similar one in the Zed.
Awaiting an Alpine A110
2016 M-Sport Fiesta ST

- Previously - 997 Targa - Z4M 2006 - Z4 3.0 Roadster - MX-5 1.8 Phoenix

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:29 am

Back here as well, such a great trip and a very nice group of people to travel with as well.

During the trip yesterday, we got stopped at the Swiss border who decided to call "someone" providing our number plates. They described us as "Two fast English cars" which I thought was a little strange as I only had Bing behind me :evil: . It seems that we at least had not been flashed by a mobile unit anywhere and were not on the wanted list.

The nice French people on the other side notified us that there was a mobile trap on the toll route - and we poodled by that perfectly within the limit of course :whistle: . Thanks unknown French heros 8)

On the first morning of the trip, Bing abused my parents hospitality :D

Very early start to go to Stuttgart after a great stop over in Baden Baden, where Bing pulled big time in the local supermarket. It was really touching to see that relation develop during those 5 minutes :lol:

Proper parking spaces at the hotel at least ...

At the end of the trip, I also picked up a few flies ...

I won't rob any of the other guys pictures but there are some stunning ones from the epic passes run.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:40 am

pvr wrote:....Bing pulled big time in the local supermarket. It was really touching to see that relation develop during those 5 minutes :lol:
Bing's had lots of 5-minute relationships that started in supermarkets... usually with bags of doughnuts... :wink:
Alpina Roadster S #320

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:02 pm

This time it was a German taxi driver - though he looked like he'd had quite a few donuts :D
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:17 pm

Bing wrote:This time it was a German taxi driver - though he looked like he'd had quite a few donuts :D
didn't know you were that way inclined Allan :lol:

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:21 pm

I'm not - he forced himself upon me :cry:

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:33 pm

Bing wrote:I'm not - he forced himself upon me :cry:
Probably wanted to take you to one of those German doughnut-themed nightclubs where the girls really know how to help you live out your food fantasies...

Alpina Roadster S #320

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:30 pm

Judging by the fronts of their cars I think that we should all thank Bing and PVR for eradicating any threat of malaria in Europe! :D

Looks like a great trip.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:27 pm

PerryGunn wrote:
Probably wanted to take you to one of those German doughnut-themed nightclubs where the girls really know how to help you live out your food fantasies...

Sometimes I wonder if you have a secret way of using the Internet none of us know about... The s**t you manage to find boggles the mind :lol:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:29 pm

Some nice fly swatting there guys. :)

She has nice teeth by the way. :thumbsup:

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:38 pm

Bing wrote:
PerryGunn wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if you have a secret way of using the Internet none of us know about... The s**t you manage to find boggles the mind :lol:
I think they call it the Dark Web Bing!