Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2-3 Days in North, West & South Wales

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
Number5
Lifer
Lifer

2-3 Days in North, West & South Wales

Post by Number5 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:01 pm

I planned out this route for us earlier this year, but we never ended up doing it. I thought it may be useful to others who may be planning on seeing Gods own country in the future.

I did day 1 and some parts of day 2 in 2014 and they really are great roads and fantastic scenery. Day 3 we do regularly anyway as they are not far from home and there are some fantastic empty roads up over the Brecons

Day 1, Follows the River Severn up near its source, and on into Snowdonia

Day 2, takes in the Itallian Village of Portmerrion, and then on down along the Atlantic Highway, but cutting across country to miss the Fishguard and Millford Haven ports.

The third day can be either scenic up through the Valleys and over the Brecons or direct back to England, depending on time restraints and where you may need to get home to.

And there you go. Delivered back to your starting point at the Severn Crossings.
(I know the maps dont show the detailed roads, but if you Satnav using the towns I've listed to the left of each map, it will keep you on the right roads)

Now a few photos, to whet your appetite...

Day 1 Roads : Near Blauneau Festiniog

Day 2 Roads: The Atlantic Highway near Aberearon

Day 3 Roads : Phil45110 and I on the Brecons near Penderyn, New years eve 2013

Enjoy... But dont forget to post some pictures, if/when you do it ! :driving:
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Re: 2-3 Days in North, West & South Wales

Post by mr.tourette » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:27 pm

lucky to have the north wales roads on my doorstep... if anyone needs any tips on the less known must drives let me know :driving:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D