Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NC500 - possible to be enjoyed in 4 days PHOTOS

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
AlienZed

NC500 - possible to be enjoyed in 4 days?

Post by AlienZed » Thu May 12, 2016 9:14 pm

AlfaScozzesi wrote:Some more great pics AlienZed.

A lovely coupe you have in one of the shots :rofl:

What an amazing trip you have had. Enjoy the last day and hope to see all you soon :thumbsup:
Good to meet you too bud, bit of a shock tho to see you under mi bedroom window and a shiney shiney coupe staring back at me,
Was really impressed with the way you blasted past me as tho I was stationary :D
Hopefully meet up again in the future,
Cheers M

MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Thu May 12, 2016 9:20 pm

Nictrix wrote:Schools in Scotland go back in the middle of August so it is a bit quieter up here midweek.

Exactly when I'm on holiday! :D :driving:
Alpina Roaster S Lux #310 - Titanium Silver
E85 2.5i Titanium Silver 2003 - Sold Feb 2018

AlfaScozzesi

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Thu May 12, 2016 9:21 pm

Nictrix wrote:Schools in Scotland go back in the middle of August so it is a bit quieter up here midweek.

True but the roads are still full from non Scottish tourists then. Doesn't really quieten until the end of September. It is however true that because Fort William is a hub of the West coast they all have to come through here which may taint my view :(

AlienZed

Post by AlienZed » Thu May 12, 2016 9:50 pm

Just arrived back 8pm tonight , 11 hrs ont road, great. 1320 mls round trip, over 4 days,
Many thanks to you all , in no particular order, Paul, Chezsherman, Cherrym, an mi new sparrin buddy PortoZ4, and not forgetting the ladies, Shirley and Trish an Steph, we had a great time loved every minute , big thanks to cherrym for providing a great route with some fantastic driving roads and scenery, (I didnt see much scenery but the wife tells me it was great),
And wot can I say , the best navigator ive met, well done Steph, you kept us on the right track :thumbsup:
Sat here avin a well earned Guinness or two, lookin at the pics. :D
Maurice n Andrea,
Pics from t'day,
Attachments
20160512_094213.jpg
20160512_094213.jpg (38.16 KiB) Viewed 5236 times
20160512_103205.jpg
20160512_103205.jpg (72.29 KiB) Viewed 5236 times
20160512_110226.jpg
20160512_110226.jpg (67.65 KiB) Viewed 5236 times
20160512_105041.jpg
20160512_105041.jpg (104.96 KiB) Viewed 5236 times

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu May 12, 2016 9:51 pm

AlfaScozzesi wrote:

True but the roads are still full from non Scottish tourists then. Doesn't really quieten until the end of September. It is however true that because Fort William is a hub of the West coast they all have to come through here which may taint my view :(
Staying in Spean Bridge for 4 nights next week. Weather looks like it's going to be shocking. :cry: Hopefuly not a total wash out after driving all the way up there from Cornwall. Been watching the Ben Nevis web cam bathed in sunshine, and looking at the 14 day forcast saying it's going to pelt down. Ho hum. :)

AlienZed

Post by AlienZed » Thu May 12, 2016 9:54 pm

Pics
Attachments
20160512_092633.jpg
20160512_092633.jpg (48.57 KiB) Viewed 5232 times
20160511_134715.jpg
20160511_134715.jpg (66.72 KiB) Viewed 5232 times
20160512_093928.jpg
20160512_093928.jpg (46.07 KiB) Viewed 5232 times

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:24 pm

1020.6 miles at 27.4mpg :driving: :thumbsup:

Got back in sunshine and then went out this evening to put the cover on the Zed and it's freezing! Not used to that after 4 days of amazing weather. :o

Little did any of us know that when Mike started putting together this run (last November!) and then booked the hotels, that we would ever end up with such a wonderful spell of weather. It's definitely the best way to see Scotland and AlienZed says that nowhere he'd driven on the continent could beat it. :D Mike's definitely going to choose the dates of any future runs we do! :lol: :thumbsup:

We're tired (but nicely so) and have just had time to have a quick look through a few photos - AlienZeds been posting up some nice shots - great stuff :thumbsup:

So will take a bit of time to put together an account and post it up soon.

For now, the Zed's tucked up after another hard 1000 miles and continues to impress. We've had a great time on challenging and varied roads amongst some staggering scenery and settings, drenched in sunshine and best of all, with like minded and lovely people.

Brilliant!
P1250152.JPG
P1250152.JPG (84.24 KiB) Viewed 5225 times
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

AlfaScozzesi

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Thu May 12, 2016 10:26 pm

More great pics Moz :thumbsup:

Look forward to more from the rest of the guys and your account Paul.

The Glenshee road looked really quiet which it was for us as well the previous Saturday.

AlfaScozzesi

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Thu May 12, 2016 10:32 pm

buzyg wrote:
AlfaScozzesi wrote:

Staying in Spean Bridge for 4 nights next week. Weather looks like it's going to be shocking. :cry: Hopefuly not a total wash out after driving all the way up there from Cornwall. Been watching the Ben Nevis web cam bathed in sunshine, and looking at the 14 day forcast saying it's going to pelt down. Ho hum. :)
Best not post any pictures or as Moz will testify you might get a visitor :D

Haven't checked the weather but the weather can be wrong here with the hills. The snow has been disappearing from the Ben so as long as your not expecting ice climbing I am sure you will be fine. :?

Did you see Geezers pictures of climbing the Ben today? It's on the Braemar thread.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:51 pm

[quote="paulgs1000"]1020.6 miles at 27.4mpg :driving: :thumbsup:

Got back in sunshine and then went out this evening to put the cover on the Zed and it's freezing! Not used to that after 4 days of amazing weather. :o

Little did any of us know that when Mike started putting together this run (last November!) and then booked the hotels, that we would ever end up with such a wonderful spell of weather. It's definitely the best way to see Scotland and AlienZed says that nowhere he'd driven on the continent could beat it.

For now, the Zed's tucked up after another hard 1000 miles and continues to impress. We've had a great time on challenging and varied roads amongst some staggering scenery and settings, drenched in sunshine

Brilliant!

Can't beat Scotland for scenery and great driving roads ,and the weather recently is the icing on the cake :D :driving:

Saturday wasn't as warm,but dry and sunny,and some very similar roads.... went flying past the Glenshee ski centre,but didn't stop,as we had done so when Jack did this run a few years back.
As said,weather to change soon though :(
You timed it well :thumbsup:
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Thu May 12, 2016 11:13 pm

mr wilks wrote:As there are a good number of members active on this post who either live north of the border or have a good knowledge of the area id like to ask what would be the chances of doing this route in January or February ?
The quiet roads appeal to me & planning a winter sabbatical so it would be a great chance to go up for a week instead of thrashing in 4/5 days
I'd also like to add that you should research/contact your proposed accomodation as quite a lot will be closed in Jan,possibly Feb as not a lot of tourists about so holiday/refurbishment time.
As said,weather will be unpredictable and you could be lucky.....still be bloody freezing though even with no snow/slush.West coast is helped by Gulf Stream,A9 section is on colder east coast.....all that said,we rarely get a "proper" winter now.
If you're able to go at short notice then it's yours for the taking :D

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Thu May 12, 2016 11:24 pm

You guys have had an absolutely epic week,you've inspired a lot of people to visit this part of Scotland I reckon.
The craic & cameraderie is what "makes" it for me on a road trip........the driving part is with 1 other max........I'm usually looking forward to the stops for the banter!!
I'm sure there are many who are eagerly awaiting your story of the trip,with more pics,so bring it on.......in your own time of course :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Fri May 13, 2016 12:16 am

AlfaScozzesi wrote:
buzyg wrote:
AlfaScozzesi wrote:

Best not post any pictures or as Moz will testify you might get a visitor :D

Haven't checked the weather but the weather can be wrong here with the hills. The snow has been disappearing from the Ben so as long as your not expecting ice climbing I am sure you will be fine. :?

Did you see Geezers pictures of climbing the Ben today? It's on the Braemar thread.
Just seen them Fabulous. :thumbsup:

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Fri May 13, 2016 12:19 am

AlfaScozzesi wrote:More great pics Moz :thumbsup:

Look forward to more from the rest of the guys and your account Paul.

The Glenshee road looked really quiet which it was for us as well the previous Saturday.
Most of the Glenshee descent traffic was on side and we had a great run down with PorthoZ4 leading. :thumbsup:

busyg - hope the weather is on side for you :thumbsup:

mr wilks - can't imagine some of these road sections during winter but AndrewP thinks this part of Scotland can have it's own micro climates - you never know. . . . :?
craig3.2 wrote:
Can't beat Scotland for scenery and great driving roads ,and the weather recently is the icing on the cake :D :driving:

Saturday wasn't as warm,but dry and sunny,and some very similar roads.... went flying past the Glenshee ski centre,but didn't stop,as we had done so when Jack did this run a few years back.
As said,weather to change soon though :(
You timed it well :thumbsup:
Icing on the cake indeed - we can't believe how lucky we've been. :o
No doubt we would have joined your Braemar run if we hadn't had this in place and heading up just a couple of days later.
The weather forecast for the day after we've finished is cold and a rain front arriving - timing was indeed miraculous. :o :o
Highlander wrote:You guys have had an absolutely epic week, you've inspired a lot of people to visit this part of Scotland I reckon.
The craic & cameraderie is what "makes" it for me on a road trip........the driving part is with 1 other max........I'm usually looking forward to the stops for the banter!!
I'm sure there are many who are eagerly awaiting your story of the trip,with more pics,so bring it on.......in your own time of course :thumbsup:
Will get working on it tomorrow Highlander :thumbsup:
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

Porthoz4

Post by Porthoz4 » Fri May 13, 2016 10:24 am

Here are a few more pictures from the trip just to whet your appetites, hope you enjoy them as much as we had taking them.

Previously Davegolfr.
Now E85, 3l si 2007 titanium silver ,brilliant car.