Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NC500 - possible to be enjoyed in 4 days PHOTOS

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
GJC72

Post by GJC72 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:12 am

Great write up and photos :thumbsup: Looks an amazing trip with some stunning roads and scenery to go with it. Very envious.

Must add to my bucket list :D
Replacement: 2018 M240i Auto Convertible with plenty of options

Previous
2013 E89 Valencia Orange 20i sDrive Auto
2007 E85 Monaco Blue 3.0si
2003 E85 Sterling Grey 2.5i

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Tue May 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Have you thought about emigrating :lol:

MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Tue May 17, 2016 6:34 pm

Whilst battling the traffic out of Edinburgh tonight I spotted heading the opposite direction a Grey Zed (top down) closely followed by a Lotus.
Could this have been Paul & co heading home or just a strange coincidence?
Alpina Roaster S Lux #310 - Titanium Silver
E85 2.5i Titanium Silver 2003 - Sold Feb 2018

AlfaScozzesi

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Tue May 17, 2016 7:05 pm

MefiEcosse wrote:Whilst battling the traffic out of Edinburgh tonight I spotted heading the opposite direction a Grey Zed (top down) closely followed by a Lotus.
I think the timing is right, good spot :thumbsup:

MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Tue May 17, 2016 7:09 pm

AlfaScozzesi wrote:
MefiEcosse wrote:Whilst battling the traffic out of Edinburgh tonight I spotted heading the opposite direction a Grey Zed (top down) closely followed by a Lotus.
They wouldn't be thinking the timing was right once they sat in the queue on the bypass! :wink:
Alpina Roaster S Lux #310 - Titanium Silver
E85 2.5i Titanium Silver 2003 - Sold Feb 2018

AlfaScozzesi

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Tue May 17, 2016 7:18 pm

MefiEcosse wrote:
AlfaScozzesi wrote:
They wouldn't be thinking the timing was right once they sat in the queue on the bypass! :wink:
:rofl:

jaRED

Post by jaRED » Tue May 17, 2016 11:01 pm

Well, I get a rare chance to get on to the forum tonight and so pleased I did. What a great write up of a fantastic trip, and some brilliant photos which just make you want to get in the car and drive up there.

Pleased you all had a great trip. Really sorry to hear about your family news Paul and Steph - big hugs from me.

Seems a lot of us on the forum have a lot going on this year, we are all really lucky to be able to jump in our cars and forget all this for a few hours whilst we appreciate some great driving and some great mates

Hope to catch up again soon :driving:
Redzed coupe gone but not forgotten :? , Lotus Evora providing the smiles now :driving:

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Wed May 18, 2016 12:04 am

metal licker wrote:Some great pics Paul :thumbsup:
In the last pic is that the Clachaig Inn at Glencoe ?
It is Metal Licker!

Just had a busy 2 days visiting Scotland with my brother in Law and Steph sorted a route that mirrored what we did on the Skye trip with Bing. We thought Clachaig would be great for lunch in the way up so we did just that. Happy memories of that first Skye visit! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It WAS us Richard! We saw a few Zeds on the trip and we were on our way back south (we had a brilliant run down via Hawick and deserted roads - great way to end a fabulous couple of days). :thumbsup:
jaRED wrote:Well, I get a rare chance to get on to the forum tonight and so pleased I did. What a great write up of a fantastic trip, and some brilliant photos which just make you want to get in the car and drive up there.

Pleased you all had a great trip. Really sorry to hear about your family news Paul and Steph - big hugs from me.

Seems a lot of us on the forum have a lot going on this year, we are all really lucky to be able to jump in our cars and forget all this for a few hours whilst we appreciate some great driving and some great mates

Thanks jaRED - see you at the Nationals?

Thanks for all the positive comments folks - we all talked a lot about posting up photos on the forum and how it can sometimes brass people off a bit but we had a great time and will continue to post up what we enjoy.
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Wed May 18, 2016 6:48 am

Without a doubt continue to post up road-trip pics and write your tales of all the adventures....... it's all part of owning these types of cars,the days out and longer trips.

metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by metal licker » Wed May 18, 2016 7:08 am

paulgs1000 wrote:
It is Metal Licker!
Have thought about using the Inn as a sleep over for future trips to the highlands,did you stop overnight?
jaRED wrote:Well, I get a rare chance to get on to the forum tonight and so pleased I did. What a great write up of a fantastic trip, and some brilliant photos which just make you want to get in the car and drive up there.

Hi Ruth how's the family :thumbsup:
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:09 pm

metal licker wrote:
paulgs1000 wrote:
It is Metal Licker!
Have thought about using the Inn as a sleep over for future trips to the highlands,did you stop overnight?

:
Hi Alan - we didn't stay overnight - we pressed on to the Cluanie Inn on the Eilean Donan road.

Steph saw that the Clachaig had rooms and they were comparable in price with the place we stayed £70 a room B&B (they were booked up until Oct after we left!).
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by metal licker » Wed May 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Thanks Paul :thumbsup:
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Wed May 18, 2016 5:54 pm

I've looked at this place also for a couple of nights as it looks fairly lively of an evening :D Food & rooms look good also but I think you'd need to be lucky to turn up without a reservation and get a room as it looks like it's popular with walkers on West Highland Way.Regular music on I believe which also entices us townies out for the weekend :thumbsup:

AlfaScozzesi

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Wed May 18, 2016 7:18 pm

Highlander wrote:I've looked at this place also for a couple of nights as it looks fairly lively of an evening :D Food & rooms look good also but I think you'd need to be lucky to turn up without a reservation and get a room as it looks like it's popular with walkers on West Highland Way.Regular music on I believe which also entices us townies out for the weekend :thumbsup:
It is a good night out apart from the fact someone has to drive for us. Been to a couple of "festivals" there which have been good fun with loads of live music. Their whisky range is also excellent. I had a very nice Craigallechie at home which I hadn't to open until my 40th and it was here I got to taste it first, before my 40th! Had quite a few :thumbsup:

Long gone now :(