Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cooper BMW - Half Price MOT offer.

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Dev

Cooper BMW - Half Price MOT offer.

Post by Dev » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:33 pm

I don't know if this is the right place to put it out there as a heads up, but I had an email from Cooper re: half-price MOT offer (27.50) until 30th September. Which is great timing as mine is due in the next week or so!

I have my Z4 booked into Cooper Banstead for next Monday afternoon, will let you know if it is a good experience!
2003 E85 Z4 3.0 Titanium Silver

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Cooper BMW - Half Price MOT offer.

Post by Carol M » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Halfrauds were doing half price mot's recently as well.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:42 pm

Have to say my local main stealer was doing them for £35, I was a bit wary as we know they like to find work.

Took 75 minutes and they failed it. Then they passed it straight away after realigning the headlight, all with no extra charge.

A most pleasant surprise/experience with a couple of cups of free coffee chucked in whilst waiting, so all good. :D

Would never use halfords or KwikFit for anything though.

James_P

Post by James_P » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:14 pm

Dev wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to put it out there as a heads up, but I had an email from Cooper re: half-price MOT offer (27.50) until 30th September. Which is great timing as mine is due in the next week or so!

I have my Z4 booked into Cooper Banstead for next Monday afternoon, will let you know if it is a good experience!
Look forward to your report. I have been using Cooper Croydon but as there have been difficulties reading/ replying to emails and taking/ returning phone calls, would like to go elsewhere if they are any better. Ideally I would use my independent guy who looks after our other cars but the car came with a service pack.

Croydon ended up not charging for the MoT as they managed to take 2 weeks to get the job done and had no idea whether parts were on 2 week back order or had been delivered that morning!
2011 Z4sDrive35is

matthurley

Post by matthurley » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:54 pm

I used Halfords recently, paid about £28 online, passed its MOT within an hour or so.
Z4 30i Sdrive Space Grey/ Coral Red

Dev

Post by Dev » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:09 am

So first bit of feedback - not great - got there 5 minutes late for my appointment (4.45) to then be kept waiting 15 minutes (as they're really busy working through a backlog), then to be told I'm too late. I explained that I was delayed because of nearby roadworks, the service chap says 'oh, well if you'd phoned us up earlier today we'd have told you about those as our lads were caught up in all that aggro this morning'... seems a little 'arse-about-face' given that they could have called me to leave earlier, seeing as they know about the roadworks and I don't, they know what time I'm supposed to be there as it's in their diary...

I was given 2 options, either I can leave the car there overnight (well, given I would need to go home without a car and then return without a car the next day, not really practical as I hadn't planned for it and there are no direct public transport routes) or bring it back another day.

I'm now rescheduled for Friday. Lets see how it goes when they actually decide they want to do the work. I know it's only a half price MOT etc, but it really was a waste of time.

Just as a heads up - Cooper Banstead is rebranding to become a purely 'MINI' dealership - they will still service BMWs but they will only sell MINIs now. So when you turn up, it's all portacabins apart from the workshop itself until the refit has been completed.

James_P

Post by James_P » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:08 am

Thanks for the update - hopefully they will show themselves in a more positive light when they actually do the job.
2011 Z4sDrive35is

Dev

Post by Dev » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:48 pm

Just a quick update. Had a work commitment which meant I couldn't do the Friday, coincidentally had another half price offer from Mr Clutch in Kingston (who did it last year) so just took it back there for it's MOT this morning. In and out totally on schedule with no unnecessary waiting. Really nice chaps.

Sorry - the update to this thread ended up not really being the mini review it was meant to be when it started out.

On another note, day of the MOT I find a fault with the car as soon as I get in. Luckily not an MOT failure point, but more on that on another thread...