Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Forza West Chepstow

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
matthurley

Forza West Chepstow

Post by matthurley » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:41 pm

I thought i would try out this outfit as I had heard good reports

Took my car here a couple of weekends ago to
1) Have new rear brake pads fitted
2) Sort out dodgy roof sensor
3) Sort out coolant level - low level warning symbol had come on

On the first visit Stuart replaced the brake pads, checked the coolant - he said it had dropped a little and topped it up. The car was then re-booked in for a deeper look at the roof issue

Ok so far so good

So I take the car back for a second visit, I'm given a courtesy car
I receive a phone call the next day, saying "car is now ready for collection"
I turn up and check the information sheet - said roof had been fixed but regarding the coolant issue - a 2 hour test on the expansion tank and found no leak, but topped up coolant level again
When i spoke to Stuart he said there is a leak but couldn't find it within the two hour test he had imposed on the car. So basically coolant leak not solved
My point is why didn't he keep the car longer rather than myself receiving a call ready for collection
I told him to keep the car until the coolant issue is solved
So trip back to the garage was a total waste of time :evil:

I
Last edited by matthurley on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z4 30i Sdrive Space Grey/ Coral Red

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Forza West Chepstow - not impressed

Post by mmm-five » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:37 pm

Have you stipulated how many hours (at say £50/hour) they consider 'enough' before giving up?

Would you be happy to pay £600 in labour if they take 12 hours to find the problem?

I assume the 2-hour diagnostic is to mitigate an expensive bill that the customer will baulk at.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

matthurley

Post by matthurley » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:56 pm

mmm-five wrote:Have you stipulated how many hours (at say £50/hour) they consider 'enough' before giving up?

Would you be happy to pay £600 in labour if they take 12 hours to find the problem?

I assume the 2-hour diagnostic is to mitigate an expensive bill that the customer will baulk at.
So I just take my car away with leaking coolant?
I would have preferred a phone call saying : "we haven't solved the coolant issue, would you like us to keep the car for another day?", rather than saying "your car is ready for collection"
Implicit in the latter quote is that the problem is solved.

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Sorry wasn't having a go at you, and yes, they should have told you it was ready but unrepaired, and given you your options.

I was just worried that you've now given them carte blanche to charge as many hours as they want for diagnostics, or whether you've set a limit before they have to call to continue.

I'm only worried as I had a huge, unexpected bill (on my e34 M5) when the dealer didn't bother ringing me whilst diagnosing a misfire. That cost me almost 3 days labour - luckily argued down to 1 days labour. Still cost me over £1k in diagnostics though - plus the £1k bill for the replacement parts.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

matthurley

Post by matthurley » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:33 pm

mmm-five wrote:Sorry wasn't having a go at you, and yes, they should have told you it was ready but unrepaired, and given you your options.

I was just worried that you've now given them carte blanche to charge as many hours as they want for diagnostics, or whether you've set a limit before they have to call to continue.

I'm only worried as I had a huge, unexpected bill (on my e34 M5) when the dealer didn't bother ringing me whilst diagnosing a misfire. That cost me almost 3 days labour - luckily argued down to 1 days labour. Still cost me over £1k in diagnostics though - plus the £1k bill for the replacement parts.
Point taken, but I don't really have much choice - it needs fixing. I'm hoping being an independent rather than a Stealer they won't rip me off...