Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bristol, Redish Motorsport/Automotive - New brakes!

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Sloth

Bristol, Redish Motorsport/Automotive - New brakes!

Post by Sloth » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:35 pm

I'm making this post for a couple of reasons, one to thank the forum members in the past for their recommendations and reviews. I found out about Redish Motorsport in Bristol via this forum so many thanks for the spot on reviews and recommendations. Great community!

Secondly to just add my comments in support of Redish Motorsport, as since going am an avid supporter of the business. Its my second visit to James Redish with the first being inspection 1. Second one recently to change my worn discs and pads, brake fluid change, rear diff input seal replacement and drive shaft lube as per BMW SIB, and a gearstick ball joint refresh.

I've never been to a garage so welcoming and that treats you as a first class customer - something so rare these days I've only been lucky enough to see it at Redish in my 14 years of driving. James really takes the time out to show you round your car and talk you through everything. Any questions you have will be answered as this guy is knowledgeable! I've already planned a few mods for the future as a result. ;) After the initial run through of what's going to be carried out and a look underneath on the lift, I always feel at ease because the way James talks about your car lets you know he's going to be working on it as if it were his own.

After the work was completed another tour round your car can be expected to show you the handy work. No paying the bill and handing over of keys without seeing everything that's been down first hand... I'm sure if you're in a rush James will gladly let you pay and be off though. ;) All the old bits are kept for you to inspect too so you can compare or just have a look at their state of ware. If jobs are done underneath heatshields or inside engines then there's still no worry as James takes pics and videos as he goes. This is a man who takes pride in his work. Its so nice to see. Thanks to all involved.

I'll pop up some pics when he emails them across to me.
Last edited by Sloth on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Redish Motorsport - New brakes!

Post by Grumpyowl » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:50 pm

They sound great. :thumbsup:
Wish they were in Chesterfield.

Big Red Cat

Post by Big Red Cat » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:51 pm

Glad to read this. #308 is going in to Redish next Saturday for an oil inspection so I'm hoping it will be in good hands.
My New love - 05 Alpina Roadster, Black Sapphire, black leather #308
My first love - '07 2.0l Titanium Silver Pearl Grey Oregon leather
Daily drive - '05 e61 535d Titanium silver, black Dakota leather

psw007

Post by psw007 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:44 pm

+1, I have taken my e85 there about 5 times now and James is very thorough in detail, an excellent mechanic who treats you and your car as if it were his own indeed, very rare to find these days. I will be taking my z4 to Redish all the time, James is also one of the nicest guys & reminds me of a certain Edd China off Wheeler Dealers (not sure how many people watch that) but Edd knows his stuff put it that way! Also, his colleagues are very friendly, professional and look after you

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:06 pm

It might be a good idea to post this in 'dealer feedback' forum to help anyone looking for a good garage in the Bristol area :thumbsup:

Sloth

Post by Sloth » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:38 pm

Dav the wheel nut wrote:It might be a good idea to post this in 'dealer feedback' forum to help anyone looking for a good garage in the Bristol area :thumbsup:
That's a good idea! Probably should have thought of that myself! Maybe an admin could move it there?

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:02 pm

Always used James for any BMW's I've owned, its almost like going to see a good friend when you go there, he'll welcome you into the garage and let you hang around and watch while the works being done and happily talk you through it, pick his brains while he's working. Top fella and I wouldn't trust anyone else with my cars :thumbsup:
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

psw007

Post by psw007 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:38 pm

AndyBeech wrote:Always used James for any BMW's I've owned, its almost like going to see a good friend when you go there, he'll welcome you into the garage and let you hang around and watch while the works being done and happily talk you through it, pick his brains while he's working. Top fella and I wouldn't trust anyone else with my cars :thumbsup:
Completely Agree 100%, top bloke top garage and just round the corner there is a mean cafe that does the best bacon buttes & fry-ups!

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:54 am

Sloth wrote:
Dav the wheel nut wrote:It might be a good idea to post this in 'dealer feedback' forum to help anyone looking for a good garage in the Bristol area :thumbsup:
That's a good idea! Probably should have thought of that myself! Maybe an admin could move it there?
Moved... :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

Sloth

Post by Sloth » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:40 pm

Thanks WLH :driving:

Sae

Post by Sae » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:43 pm

Thread diversion, but nice avatar, is that a hottie on a maverick? lethal combination :)
Z4MCoupe Sapphire Black

Sloth

Post by Sloth » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:35 pm

Sae wrote:Thread diversion, but nice avatar, is that a hottie on a maverick? lethal combination :)
You got it ;) She's my pin up for my other geek obsession... http://youtu.be/WUu4SV3GjVw

Big Red Cat

Re: Bristol, Redish Motorsport/Automotive - New brakes!

Post by Big Red Cat » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:06 pm

I can definitely second everything that has been said by others on this thread. Took #308 for an oil inspection today & was very impressed. James was very thorough giving #308 a reasonably clean bill of health and showing me areas that need watching. He takes photos of everything so there is a comprehensive record for future reference. Fantastic service & all for just £136 :thumbsup:
At the moment they are only based in small premises & you have to book up well in advance but they are about to expand into next door so that is good news as they will hopefully be able to take on more work.
I was the first customer this morning & James had to move three M3s out to get #308 in. One M3 was supercharged & the sound of it I'm sure would put a smile on Migs' face :)
I'll definitely be taking #308 back later in the year.
My New love - 05 Alpina Roadster, Black Sapphire, black leather #308
My first love - '07 2.0l Titanium Silver Pearl Grey Oregon leather
Daily drive - '05 e61 535d Titanium silver, black Dakota leather

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:50 pm

What's the number of your car again? :poke:
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

2alpsade

Post by 2alpsade » Thu May 01, 2014 12:00 pm

AndyBeech wrote:What's the number of your car again? :poke:
Thought all 'proper' cars had numbers? :poke: :rofl:

Pleased it all worked out well, BRC :thumbsup: and #308 is in top driving order :D Need to get her together with #285 again, sometime :P
''10' Alpina E92 B3SBiTurbo #285, manual, Sapphire black, Classics and black/birch bi-colour Lavalina interior.FOR SALE
'13' Alpine White F21 118d Sport.
ex-54' Alpina E85 Roadster S lux #168, Sapphire black & dream red leather (1 of 167 RHD)