Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Dealer Detailing

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Bumpy

Dealer Detailing

Post by Bumpy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:04 pm

After reading Jabbers post from the Sophers of Lincoln report:

by jabber » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:50 am
I arranged to come up from bournemouth to sopers of lincoln (a 4 hr drive) to look at a 2 series convertible with a view to taking it back with me. Arrived at sopers around 10 am after a nightmare trip to find the car was absolutley fithy. Was told no problem they will valet and clean it if I bought it so after test drive approx 12 the deal was done and told it will be 1 hr after alot of me looked very angry and being loud in the showroom about crap service the car finally turned up at 5:50 was not happy at all and not looking forward to the 4 drive back
Will never use them again :!: :x

I couldn't help but reflect on previous adventures with taking delivery of a car and the related surprises.
Probably the most curious was years ago when I picked up a Honda Odyssey Van.
It was a 3 year old, low mileage lease return. I test drove it before it had been cleaned up. Obviously the previous owners had had small children as I noted the rare optional back up sensors and kids toys stuffed into the front seat cubby.
One thing that was disturbing was the strong odor of Fabreese ( A supposed wonder spray that captures and negates smells )
It appeared that part of the owners prep to avoid any extra costs upon vehicle return, was to douse the interior with this stuff.
Actually that put me off an otherwise excellent vehicle. So I questioned if that stink would be removed by delivery. Of course the salesman laughed at my concern and assured me that would happen.
Lucky for me I was still concerned, to the point of adding it's removal into the agreement to purchase. That resulted in even more giggles and shade from across the desk.
I gave them a week to prep the Van and arrived late on a Friday, with cheque in hand and a plan to haul arse down the highway to pick up my daughter at University (an hour and a half away).

Guess what ?
Yup, the Van was still wet from a wash and it looked like their version of prep was a 15 minute drive through a car wash and a windex window spray. Fabreese was still significant.
Needless to say I was furious but controlled cause the cheque was still in my pocket along with my copy of the purchase agreement.
I told them that given they had had a week to remedy my concerns, and that they had obviously waited til the last moment that there was a problem with them satisfying their end of the agreement. I held out both cheque and agreement to the sales manager and said that they had til 8pm (it was 5 pm at the time) to properly prep the vehicle as per the conditions of the agreement. Failing that I would be tearing up the cheque !

I had no problems after that !