Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

To sue or not to sue... Updated result

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)

To sue or not to sue

Accept their offer
23%
Take BMW UK to court
77%

Total votes: 44

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:05 pm

Stark wrote:Have they said they will fade the paint into the other panels? Make sure they do....
If we're mine I wouldn't do that. Because the panels will be at different angles to the rest of the car there will always be a colour change due to light reflection etc. I would ask for just the roof to be painted.

Pastry

Post by Pastry » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:21 pm

srhutch wrote:
Stark wrote:Have they said they will fade the paint into the other panels? Make sure they do....
If we're mine I wouldn't do that. Because the panels will be at different angles to the rest of the car there will always be a colour change due to light reflection etc. I would ask for just the roof to be painted.
I agree srhutch. Also the roof doesn't meet the the bodywork paint, the nearest it gets is the boot yet it is still separated by a centimetre or two of black trim so shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the advice though :thumbsup:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

stupot67

Post by stupot67 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Pastry wrote:
stupot67 wrote:Well done Paul for sticking at it !

Now there is a precedent for BMW accepting this as a warranty claim hopefully the next poor sod won't have to go thru the donkey work you have had to.

Next job.....

Get the wheels done.

Stu.
Cheers Stu.... they were done before we went to Zedfest! :P
I thought they looked alright to me, I was wondering what all the fuss was about......... :?

Anyway back to the Chateau neuf, see you in a week or two.

Stu.