Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Servicing recommendations

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Crazycrackers

Post by Crazycrackers » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:27 pm

I'm after some advice. Looking for a decent garage in Essex. I'm based in Chelmsford. Rang around a few places for my coupe and they are all asking £250+ for inspection 1. This seems excessive to me. Or am I out way behind the times having serviced my last cars myself but want to keep the history on the Z.
Any input appreciated.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:59 pm

How old is your car?
Have a look at what's on the schedule and see what you think, I DIY and am happy to not have the history. If it puts off a potential buyer in the future they don't deserve a well looked after car. I keep all docs and a detailed log of work done.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Mike6

Post by Mike6 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:22 pm

I do all my own work but from what |I understand an Inspection 1 is no more than an oil and filter change plus a decent MOT inspection. An absolute rip off at that price and you will probably get a list of urgent works that does(nt) need doing

Crazycrackers

Post by Crazycrackers » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:40 pm

Car is a 2006 85k. I'm sure there must be somewhere around that must be more reasonable. £250 seems way to much.

Mike6

Post by Mike6 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:49 pm

Not being funny but service history to me means skimped jobs. My car had full BMW history but air filter had never been changed. The view seems to be that you DIY, write up the service book and keep all receipts. Only an idiot would reject buying such a car.
Alternatively DIY Inspection 1 and then pay (get robbed) for Inspection 2.