Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wanted Z4 Coupe, 3.0 Auto, Grey ideally

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
rally-chris

Post by rally-chris » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:23 pm

Jimnic007 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:13 pm Chris,
That's very interesting, as I would really like DAB and expect most phone sat nav is more up to date nowadays!
I presume DAB could be installed in a nav car, via Autodab or some other system?
Would cruise control be a fairly easy retrofit on a later car?
Thanks,
James
Yes, there are some alternatives for DAB integration with the factory head unit / nav, using either FM re-broadcast (like AutoDAB) or as a CD changer replacement (e.g. Alpine Intravee etc). Unfortunately nothing as slick as a BMW retro fit though (I've done oem DAB retrofit on both E90 and Mini before), and for the cost involved I went down the new head unit route instead.

Cue the DAB haters that will doubtless be along in a minute to tell us how rubbish it is etc. I have DAB to listen to stations that are not available on FM, and I don't generally have a problem with signal either where I live or where I travel to around the country
08 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe in Montego Blue

rally-chris

Post by rally-chris » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:27 pm

Back to your original post regarding looking for a low mileage Auto coupe, there is a guy posting on three Facebook Z4 groups today (e.g. BMW Z4 UK Owners Club) claiming to have a 40K 2006 model that is a 'barn find' that will be offered for sale soon after some recommissioning work (been in storage since 2011?). The main spec points I noted from a VIN lookup were Stratus Grey/Nav with TV/Xenons.

Chris

Jimnic007

Post by Jimnic007 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:14 pm

Sounds risky if it hasn't been driven for 6 years, but I will ask to join the group and see what it looks like.
Thanks for the heads up.
Cheers,
James

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:00 pm

Jimnic007 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:13 pm Would cruise control be a fairly easy retrofit on a later car?
Thanks,
James
Yes, cruise can be retro-fitted fairly easily.

You need to buy the column stalk and a small section of wiring - there is a guide on here in the "How To" section.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

rally-chris

Post by rally-chris » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:17 pm

Jimnic007 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:14 pm Sounds risky if it hasn't been driven for 6 years, but I will ask to join the group and see what it looks like.
Thanks for the heads up.
Cheers,
James
Having now read the subsequent discussion on fb I wouldn't touch this particular car (or seller) with a barge pole, so sorry for wasting your time!

Jimnic007

Post by Jimnic007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:31 am

No worries, I did have a look last night and decided that I wouldn't want to touch that particular Z4 with a barge pole.
Thanks for posting though.

bmbardo

Post by bmbardo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:30 pm

A bit of information on the Sytner Newport car from my research a couple of months ago. It is one owner from new, locally owned and the guy px'd it for brand new car. I was sent a video on the day it arrived and the exterior looked in excellent condition. However, the seats were in poor condition and I know Sytner fitted new leather from Germany at a cost of nearly a grand. The interior now matches the exterior in terms of condition, or so I was told.

They initially wanted £12k but upped that to over £13k to cover the seats. It's now back at £12k and personally I'd take a look if I wanted a silver / grey auto. The BMW Warranty is worth £500, so not vastly overpriced being 1 owner and full history.

Hope this helps.
Recent Cars

Boxster 2.5
Abarth 595 Competizione 75 (gone)
Volvo XC90 V8 R-Design (gone)
F15 X5 M Sport (gone)
Z3 Mora Edition (gone)
Abarth 124 Spider (gone)
E92 M3, Azurite Black Individual (gone)
3.0si Coupe, Manual, Alpine White (gone)

rob1958

Post by rob1958 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:55 pm

bmbardo wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:30 pm A bit of information on the Sytner Newport car from my research a couple of months ago. It is one owner from new, locally owned and the guy px'd it for brand new car. I was sent a video on the day it arrived and the exterior looked in excellent condition. However, the seats were in poor condition and I know Sytner fitted new leather from Germany at a cost of nearly a grand. The interior now matches the exterior in terms of condition, or so I was told.

They initially wanted £12k but upped that to over £13k to cover the seats. It's now back at £12k and personally I'd take a look if I wanted a silver / grey auto. The BMW Warranty is worth £500, so not vastly overpriced being 1 owner and full history.

Hope this helps.
The link for the Sytner car has gone, presumably the car has sold?