Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Edited

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

FS: 2008 Z4 2.0 Sport in Titan Silver with heated 1/2 leather sports seats - Best one available??

Post by jamie_z4 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:16 am

Pastry wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:18 am
blobslosak wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:07 am
jamie_z4 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:38 pm

Quite happy with my 3.0 thanks!
Why did you test drive it if you weren't going to buy it?
So he could give it a glowing report as he’s a friend of Mikes 🙄

What is your problem? There's been several instances now where you've stuck your oar in a thread where me or Mike has posted with a simmlar jibe, if you've got something to say either say it or just pm me for a chat about it?
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

Pastry

FS: 2008 Z4 2.0 Sport in Titan Silver with heated 1/2 leather sports seats - Best one available??

Post by Pastry » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:29 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:16 am

What is your problem? There's been several instances now where you've stuck your oar in a thread where me or Mike has posted with a simmlar jibe, if you've got something to say either say it or just pm me for a chat about it?
Is it not true then Jamie, are you not promoting your mates car?

The Forum is fast becoming the DLV show, with you and your mates taking every opportunity to promote Mike and his services, we are even getting odd newbie accounts like 'gilesimp' opening up just to promote/praise him and I'm not alone in being fed up with it!

I don't know Mike and have nothing against him personally or the services he offers or their value for money. I'm just fed up with the constant stream of how 'Saint DLV' is doing us all a favour yet lets not forget he's earning a lot of money doing it :roll: This car was bought cheap to do up and sell a couple of weeks later so how is that not trading? He's effectively like a business now with the amount he does and it's as though we're getting forced advertising all the time!
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

bz4kev

Post by bz4kev » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:50 pm

Pastry wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:29 pm
jamie_z4 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:16 am

The Forum is fast becoming the DLV show, with you and your mates taking every opportunity to promote Mike and his services, we are even getting odd newbie accounts like 'gilesimp' opening up just to promote/praise him and I'm not alone in being fed up with it!

I don't know Mike and have nothing against him personally or the services he offers or their value for money. I'm just fed up with the constant stream of how 'Saint DLV' is doing us all a favour yet lets not forget he's earning a lot of money doing it :roll: This car was bought cheap to do up and sell a couple of weeks later so how is that not trading? He's effectively like a business now with the amount he does and it's as though we're getting forced advertising all the time!
wow strong content there pal sounds like real sour grapes please explain how this is hurting you as I am sure if your unhappy with mikes posts then I am sure you could just breeze over them as I am sure others breeze over yours, jealousy is a soul destroying thing that will just eat you up !!!!!!!
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:54 pm

Couple of things pastry.

Firstly, I have a full time plus job, as in approx 70hrs a week running my shop.

Secondly, I was originally asked by other members if I could/would look at their cars after posting my experiences of repairing my own roof and modding my own exhaust.

Thirdly, I do said jobs in my spare time, and yes I do charge for doing them as my time to me is valuable. Obviously members are free to avail themselves of my services or not, that's their choice. However if they choose to do so, and then comment on the experience, who am I to stop them? It's no different to other members offering items for sale like wheels, ram air scoops and wiring harnesses. There are other members on here who offer similar services all the time, so not sure why you seem to be singling me out once again for criticism.

Fourthly, "Giles" I think you'll find is a newish member who, after having me to move his roof motor, then came back to me to have his clutch done. I did this for him at a price that not only included all the parts, but was less "all in" that the price of those same parts alone on the Euro website.

Fifth, regarding this car.. Yes, I bought it with faults, that I have repaired, however the original intention was for it to be a present for my Daughter on her 18th in a few months time. However, insurance quotes of circa £9,000 have put paid to that idea, and she will be getting a Ford Ka instead. So that is why this is up for sale.

Jamie was around at mine yesterday, and asked if he could have a drive, and I agreed as wanted to know what he thought..

Oh and for the record, the price that it is advertised at here on the forum is £700 less than it will be when it goes in autotrader, putting it firmly at "pre-facelift" money.

I hope that answers your points.

Mike
Last edited by Ducklakeview on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pastry

Post by Pastry » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:59 pm

I fail to see what I have to be jealous about :lol:
But if you actually read my reply to Jamie, it wasn’t Mike I was complaining about :roll:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:

Pastry

Post by Pastry » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:10 pm

Fair enough Mike, I’ve said my bit and you’ve said yours and I’m not the slightest bit interested in what pinky and perky have to say :)
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:45 pm

Pastry wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:59 pm I fail to see what I have to be jealous about :lol:
But if you actually read my reply to Jamie, it wasn’t Mike I was complaining about :roll:
Wow, you must have too much time on your hands to sit there and get upset about Mike and his services, do you not have much else going on in your life or something?
18 Z4s owned to date.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:50 pm

If Mikes (DLV) crossed a line wouldn't/shouldn't the Mods or Spectre have pickup on it by now?
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:58 pm

Pinky and perky? Wow pathetic.

Totally uncalled for and think you need to grow up tbh.
18 Z4s owned to date.

bz4kev

Post by bz4kev » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:54 pm

pastry really what is your malfunction totally uncalled for maybe its you that could do with saint DLV"s help maybe he could fix your wiring cant see where this has come from also implying that mike has made up members to promote his work is not only slander its comical if members new or old wish to comment on a forum then that is there right if you really think there are wrongs going on take it up with the moderators etc. but to be honest really think you need to grow up all the best pinky :rofl: ps thanks for the work today mike you really are a saint :owned:
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

blobslosak

Post by blobslosak » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:09 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:14 am
jamie_z4 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:38 pm

Quite happy with my 3.0 thanks!
I'm Mike's friend so wanted to drive it out of curiosity
A fair answer.

Sorry to have allowed an opening for some forum trolling.

The car looks pukka.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:08 am

OK I can see what you are getting at, but is that so different to "mrwilks" having moved on to Z4 number 10 - I'm sure he doesn't do it solely for the benefit of the planet either! :roll:

But AFAIK this car is the first that dlv has tidied up and offered for sale, and it looks like a good buy for someone - that isn't exactly trading is it? :headbang:

Anyway he replaced my rear brake pipes in copper for a very good price in September, and cut and coded a flip key for £80 - thanks Mike! :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:34 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:08 am

OK I can see what you are getting at, but is that so different to "mrwilks" having moved on to Z4 number 10 - I'm sure he doesn't do it solely for the benefit of the planet either! :roll:

But AFAIK this car is the first that dlv has tidied up and offered for sale, and it looks like a good buy for someone - that isn't exactly trading is it? :headbang:

Anyway he replaced my rear brake pipes in copper for a very good price in September, and cut and coded a flip key for £80 - thanks Mike! :thumbsup:
My thoughts exactly Mr T.

Seems its a case of 'my mates are ok - but yours are not' however I've been advised by someone with a lot more diplomacy on the matter and shan't be posting my comments anymore - sure Mike can sell himself without any help from Pinky & Perky :thumbsup:
18 Z4s owned to date.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:47 am

Thanks for dragging me into it Mr tidy when I would rather not be !
To add clarity to my own history the Zs ive bought are actually used & driven as my main weekend car & predominantly i choose not to advertise on forum to avoid issues like this thread is throwing up .
Perhaps Mike would have been wise to have not bothered with his detailed post on the purchase + repair of the listed car ? ? Simply offering it for sale with no need to explain why or where from could then have avoided a lot of the handbag slinging on this thread .
As a idle spectator who has no connection to DLV It's hard not to draw direct similarity with our friend Goldbcfc,s recent car purchase + sale antics .
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Pastry

Post by Pastry » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:41 am

jamie_z4 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:34 am
Mr Tidy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:08 am

My thoughts exactly Mr T.

Seems its a case of 'my mates are ok - but yours are not' however I've been advised by someone with a lot more diplomacy on the matter and shan't be posting my comments anymore - sure Mike can sell himself without any help from Pinky & Perky :thumbsup:
I have no need to defend Andy, and to be frank it is quite a ridiculous comparison. He rarely advertises a car on here! :roll:

As I said in my main post. I have no problem with Mike and the service he offers, my beef is with the constant over promotion by Kev and Jamie (aka pinky and perky 😉) and how it is done!

I’m quit happy to let this go as well Jamie, as I said earlier, I’ve said my piece :thumbsup:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone: