Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Edited

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Number5
Lifer
Lifer

FS: 2008 Z4 2.0 Sport in Titan Silver with heated 1/2 leather sports seats - Best one available??

Post by Number5 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:56 am

Chaps,
I think everyone has said their bit, made their points and got things off their chest. Pastry and JamieZ4 have agreed a truce so maybe now is the time to let this go and let it return to the original "For Sale" thread. Thanks.

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

FS: 2008 Z4 2.0 Sport in Titan Silver with heated 1/2 leather sports seats - Best one available??

Post by jamie_z4 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:04 am

Come on Marlon, we need some sweeping up doin in here :poke:
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:09 am

jamie_z4 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:04 am Come on Marlon, we need some sweeping up doin in here :poke:
Yes please Marlon put that moderators broom to good use and tidy up this thread a bit please?

Mike

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:11 am

mr wilks wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:47 am
Perhaps Mike would have been wise to have not bothered with his detailed post on the purchase + repair of the listed car ? ? Simply offering it for sale with no need to explain why or where from could then have avoided a lot of the handbag slinging on this thread .
As a idle spectator who has no connection to DLV It's hard not to draw direct similarity with our friend Goldbcfc,s recent car purchase + sale antics .
Andy, I actually thought people would find the thread regarding the repairs useful and informative should they want to attempt the same themselves.. My bad..

Mike

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:23 am

I found it interesting & most likely so did a lot of the other forum readers.
Really no reason not to post the thread & as you say useful but then listing it for sale 10days later ? Kinda hands a stick to others for beating you with :? Rightly or wrongly it's up to individuals to view the situation as they see it play out & imo but I'd have gone with one thread or the other .
Anyways enough said , the car is for sale & hopefully it will find a good home soon :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:29 am

A word about heated exchanges between members:

It is inevitable given the number of members and the liveliness of the forum that there will be heated exchanges from time to time. I am sure we have all seen them and possibly been involved in one or two. Often they can get quite ugly and reading them isn’t pleasant, which has prompted a clarification.

This forum is moderated not policed.

It is not the moderator’s job, nor do we want it to become our job, to get embroiled in personal squabbles. If we did we would have little time for anything else.

There are always two sides to any flare up, and although a moderator may instinctively agree with a particular point of view it would not help the ethos of the forum if we were to wade in and support one member over another. Often if left alone the conflicts soon die down with little more than bruised egos and a lingering edginess between certain members.

If however, an attack is personal and malicious or prolonged to the point were it could be classed as bullying, then it will be addressed. If you feel that is the case then certainly report the post and the mods will look into it and take the appropriate action.
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:37 am

Lol Marlon, we don't want you to wade in... But can you tidy the thread up a bit please, as it's lost is way?

Mike

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:51 am

Marlon wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:29 am A word about heated exchanges between members:

It is inevitable given the number of members and the liveliness of the forum that there will be heated exchanges from time to time. I am sure we have all seen them and possibly been involved in one or two. Often they can get quite ugly and reading them isn’t pleasant, which has prompted a clarification.

This forum is moderated not policed.

It is not the moderator’s job, nor do we want it to become our job, to get embroiled in personal squabbles. If we did we would have little time for anything else.

There are always two sides to any flare up, and although a moderator may instinctively agree with a particular point of view it would not help the ethos of the forum if we were to wade in and support one member over another. Often if left alone the conflicts soon die down with little more than bruised egos and a lingering edginess between certain members.

If however, an attack is personal and malicious or prolonged to the point were it could be classed as bullying, then it will be addressed. If you feel that is the case then certainly report the post and the mods will look into it and take the appropriate action.
Perhaps what we really need is a further clarification on what is deemed full on commercial or at the very least self publicizing leading to commercial gain and what is just a member offering a service as a bit of a sideline. I know we already having something from Spectre and having re read it this morning it's difficult to say this isn't being abused at times.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Paulr

Post by Paulr » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:26 pm

Gosh, that was exciting. Best 'For Sale' thread for a while! Did the lady have the car in the end Mr D?
If you try and take a cat apart the first thing you have is a non working cat.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:29 pm

Paulr wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:26 pm Gosh, that was exciting. Best 'For Sale' thread for a while! Did the lady have the car in the end Mr D?
SFS, her hubby can't get time off work in the week, so I've given her the option of a holding deposit, but she's not got back to me yet.

Mike

Paulr

Post by Paulr » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:32 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:29 pm
Paulr wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:26 pm Gosh, that was exciting. Best 'For Sale' thread for a while! Did the lady have the car in the end Mr D?
SFS, her hubby can't get time off work in the week, so I've given her the option of a holding deposit, but she's not got back to me yet.

Mike
Her loss if it sells before hand!
If you try and take a cat apart the first thing you have is a non working cat.

bz4kev

Post by bz4kev » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Just to clarify at no point have I tried to promote mikes work all I have done is to pass onto other like minded forum members my experiences with regards to services provided as I would comment on items purchased or other services provided by other members etc with regards to pastry’s attack on me publicly totally out of order feel free to pm me and leave this thread to its original direction
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

Mike6

Post by Mike6 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:20 pm

I agree with PaulR, this has to be the best For Sale thread I have read in ages. I vote for more, perhaps someone needs to set up a poll.

IRD

Post by IRD » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Since joining this forum a few months ago I have had lots of help and useful advice. Indeed I am one of those lucky people who has benefitted from Mike's expertise. He called in on his way home from Cambridgeshire and moved my roof motor. There are a good number of talented individuals who post on the forum and I think those of us who are just ordinary mortals should consider ourselves lucky to have access to such a pool of expertise. I am sure that I will be asking Mike and others for help again in the future. It is important too that the right of free speech is preserved. What I think there is no excuse for is rudeness. So guys, have your say but please don't make it a personal attack keep it polite.

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:11 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:37 am Lol Marlon, we don't want you to wade in... But can you tidy the thread up a bit please, as it's lost is way?

Mike
'Tidying up' would in fact be wading in because it would involve selectively deleting posts - which to delete, which to leave? thats rhetorical by the way :)
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S