Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

dont be greedy & clean your car when selling!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
1doohan

Post by 1doohan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:09 am

I got fed up roaming the countryside looking for one and paid for mine without looking at it. Mistake. Horrified to see how filthy it was. Lady owner said insurance had expired and couldn't take it to be cleaned. Bucket and sponge anyone? Full service history....only up to the time she bought it 3 years earlier. Same MOT advisories for past 3 years. Smells gorgeous inside though.
Z4C Sapphire Black 398s Whippy
M4 Competition

ruggedscot

Post by ruggedscot » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:00 pm

Dont be greedy ? so from the other side of the fence you get the chancers that try and batter you down or want to get the bargain of the century. I would have got a better deal from webuyanycar than some of the enquiries that I got when I recently had my car up for sale. To many people trying the usual its a bad time of the year to sell, Im having trouble selling my car and I can only offer you this....

Whats your best price mate ? Eh ? Best price would be as much as possible and Im not yer mate son... ha ha ha

Anyways Z'ds are a toy not your usual run of the mill fodder so the price is very very dependant of condition. I want the car to make me feel good. I want it well serviced and taken car of, decent tyres on it and the body in good nick. Yes I expect a lot but Im not expecting more than what any other person would be expecting. I bought my Z and it was a well kept version, In my tenure I kept it good and watched the milage, using it as it was intended and enjoyed every mile.

Had looked on keeping it for a year and then selling it but kept it for 4 years. I really did like it and I made sure it was taken care of.

When I prepped it I gave it a proper clean and made sure it was ready to sell. I got a really good price for it and Im pretty sure the next owner will have many more miles with the car.
2009 Z4 23Sdrive heated red leather satellite navigation

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:05 pm

Good advice OP!

I hope you enjoy your X1 - I had a 123d with the twin-turbo diesel before I got my first Z4C. It's a good engine and pretty potent, but a 3 litre N52 is in a different world! (Don't google N47 cam-chain though). :(

Hope you find a good E86 soon! :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black