Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED: E85 Z4M roadster

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Speed.Deman

Post by Speed.Deman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi all,

Newbie and this is my first post.

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and buying an original shape Z4M roadster. The hardtop is arguable the more cohesive design, but I fancy some top down motoring.

I am looking for a car that I can possibly track, so I am not looking for a low mileage, garage queen that I will end up rubbing value off of as a result of frequent use and extra miles.

For example:
  • This car is a nice spec and is well priced https://goo.gl/CL6mww . I anticipate it will not get anything higher than £11,000 - £11,500
  • This very nice example (which was even reviewed and found to be excellent by a marque magazine) with a dealer: https://goo.gl/akTrTk
I am only at the start of my journey and I was wondering if there are any members here that know of or are considering selling a similar car at similar money?

I do not mind higher miles (as long as the price reflect this), but I am looking for an excellent condition car with full service history (like the examples above have) and I don’t mind some tasteful/well engineered extras even if they are not stock (such as wheels or exhausts, etc).

Here in the UK, we seem to have an allergy to anything with high miles, but as long as the car has been cherished and well maintained, I’m not part of that group!

I am aware that I am at the lower end of prices, but I am patient and quite happy to wait for the right car. I do hope the forum can help me find a car. I am just a simple enthusiast with pockets that are not quite as deep as I would like!

I'm happy with almost any colour (except red) and my preference is without satnav, but I do need heated seats and reversing sensors. :)

I would welcome any advice. Thank you.

With thanks
SD

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:48 pm

You've come to the right place for advice. Any colour except red :o :D
///M owners will be along soon I'm sure - Welcome to the forum btw
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:53 pm

"IF" i was looking for my 3rd ZMR right now i would already have chased the second one of your two :wink: its been around all summer & ive already mentioned it to others looking for similar to yourself .
Aim to drive it away for £12k & you have a very well kept ex forum car with a Gruppe M fitted ( cost around £800 & sounds epic :evil: )
Wheels are a easy switch & the flaps will remove . fwiw the trader allowed £11k when he took it early summer .
Treat it with care , keep the oil clean + cool & you're into S54 ownership for a paltry fee imo
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:59 pm

mr wilks wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:53 pm "IF" i was looking for my 3rd ZMR right now i would already have chased the second one of your two :wink: its been around all summer & ive already mentioned it to others looking for similar to yourself .
Aim to drive it away for £12k & you have a very well kept ex forum car with a Gruppe M fitted ( cost around £800 & sounds epic :evil: )
Wheels are a easy switch & the flaps will remove . fwiw the trader allowed £11k when he took it early summer .
Treat it with care , keep the oil clean + cool & you're into S54 ownership for a paltry fee imo
Echo the above. If you don't want the GruppeM swap with somebody else for £500 and their airbox ant the car owes you £500 less. :wink:

Speed.Deman

Post by Speed.Deman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:48 am

Thank you all for your replies and the welcome!

I’d be interested in the blue Gruppe M car at £11,000, but I appreciate the dealer probably won’t accept that. Pity it’s not a private sale as I’m reluctant to pay a dealer premium for a high miles car that might go for as little as £9,000 privately.

If the Gruppe M car has been around all summer and it’s a good example, why hasn’t it sold?

Are the wheels stock BMW wheels?

Wonder what the dealer bought it for...

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:24 am

Speed.Deman wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:48 am
If the Gruppe M car has been around all summer and it’s a good example, why hasn’t it sold?

Wonder what the dealer bought it for...
Already told you the dealer allowed £11k on it .
He then listed for 4 months at £14250 which in itself isnt that crazy for a 80k MR at a dealer .

My own thoughts why it hasn't sold :wink: The £ ask would have put a few off but anyone else remotely interested in buying a ZMR would have seen the wheels & mudflaps as enough reason to search elsewhere .
They are killing the car , easy enough to sort but fresh wheels add expense so why bother ??

As for £9k private cars ? Get yourself a good book & comfy chair cause you will be in for a long wait
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Speed.Deman

Post by Speed.Deman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:47 am

Thank you MrWilks. Sorry, I thought you meant that the dealer has refused an offer of £11,000.

The wheels and the flaps are a problem, but I guess I could live with them if I could do a bit of a deal on the price.

The wheels though, are they not arguably an upgrade from the stock Z4 wheels if they are BBS? Are they not likely to be lighter?

p.s. ten Z4s!? Amazing! Would love to hear your thoughts on Z4M roadster.

Tcochrane92

Post by Tcochrane92 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:20 pm

mr wilks wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:24 am
As for £9k private cars ? Get yourself a good book & comfy chair cause you will be in for a long wait
:rofl: :oops: :oops: :oops: :P
Current: Imola Red 400bhp 640d & Ocean Blue BMW S1000XR Sport SE
Past: Silver Grey Z4MR, Silver Grey Z4C & Titan Silver Z4 3.0i

Speed.Deman

Post by Speed.Deman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:31 pm

I was offered a 93,000 mile car by a part-time trader I know for £10k. With some negotiation he would have gone lower. I did not go for the car as it was red. I am not suggesting this is something that happens all the time. I simply raised it as a factor for me to consider if I bought the Gruppe M car above as this is a lot of money for me. I do not mean to cause any offence or talk these cars down in any way.

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:37 pm

Speed.Deman wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:31 pm I do not mean to cause any offence or talk these cars down in any way.
I wouldn't worry, there's plenty that do that already! :rofl:
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:36 pm

Tcochrane92 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:20 pm
mr wilks wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:24 am
:rofl: :oops: :oops: :oops: :P
Yours was CatD :poke:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Speed.Deman

Post by Speed.Deman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:09 pm

I don't believe it was, but I never got as far as HPI because I wasn't intereted. In any event, this is not what this thread is about! :)

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:20 pm

Speed.Deman wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:09 pm I don't believe it was, but I never got as far as HPI because I wasn't intereted. In any event, this is not what this thread is about! :)
I would've bitten your tongue on the red one and gone for that by the sounds of it if money is an issue. FWIW, mine is similar-ish to the blue dealer one for sale and as a private sale I wouldn't be going much lower than 12k if at all, even at this time of year.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

Speed.Deman

Post by Speed.Deman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:31 pm

Yes, the red one was good value and I could have lived with the colour. At the time, I didn't quite have the liquidity. Something will come along. I am keeping an eye on an eBay car. It's ending in 2 hours and I may make an offer once I inspect it. £11,xxx may see it bought?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z4M-Z4-M ... 1438.l2649

Fingers crossed. It looks a decent car.

Havard

Post by Havard » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:33 pm

Wow. Seems like prices have plummeted since I put mine up for sale. It didn't sell but I love driving it so in the garage she sits.

I am not usually put off by higher mileages but these cars need to be serviced properly and looked after, the higher the miles and the more owners, the more likely it will be that someone hasn't done what they should have done.

Mine was Silver with 57K at the time. The old advert is still about somewhere. At the time at £14995 she was the cheapest under 60k miles. Would need to have a look at AT now and see if they have come down in the winter.

H.
ImageImage