Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD: Stunning Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Woody

SOLD: Stunning Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Post by Woody » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:13 pm

SOLD :( :cry:

My much loved pride & joy, the epic and stunning Z4 ///M Coupe.

Intro:

I bought this car in July 2012, from a previous Z4 forum member. I fell in love with the car when I first saw it, it's so much different to my previous 3.0i Roadster, you really need to try it to believe it! My intention was to keep this for a couple of years, but as you'll read later this unfortunately can't be the case...

Immediately after buying the car, I had the rear brake discs & pads replaced (fronts have plenty of life left) and also both rear springs (all OEM parts from Sopers of Lincoln, receipts included). I also had an interim oil change to keep things fresh. I got the car exactly how I wanted it. I've had so many happy memorable drives in it, even taking it on my honeymoon.

This really is a great example of a very stylish and sophisticated car, I have really enjoyed every minute of ownership. It really is one of those cars that puts a smile on your face whether you’re walking up the drive looking at it or out and about; it really does ooze pedigree. It has always been garaged in my ownership and fed on either Shell V-Power or Tesco Momentum. The car has always been allowed to warm to the correct operating temperature (circa 90degs) before 3500rpm is exceeded.

The powerful yet economic engine delivers truly surprising economy and can easily produce 31-33 mpg on a motorway run and my current trip computer is showing 27.3 mpg. It also has the power when required; this is all underpinned with a great engine note produced by the fantastic ///M engine power plant.

Engine:

A powerful 3.2 engine which produces 343 bhp and 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, it also drives exceptionally well and does not miss a beat, it delivers the power as it should and runs smoothly and effortlessly, there are no mechanical concerns with this car (no rattles, no throttle hesitation as reported on other ///M's).

The car has covered a mere 69,500 miles. Okay it's no garage queen but it's averaged 10k miles a year and these cars will easily go on to complete over 150k miles which is evidenced in many E46 M3's. Garage Queens are nice, but rare and cost a pretty penny too (£17k+ usually).

Bodywork & Exterior:

Imola Red, officially the 2nd best colour as voted here:

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37959

:D

Only 56 of these were ever released so other than mine I have never seen another one on the road, it sure looks good in the window reflection! It really stands out from the crowd and is admired by many. The bodywork is in I believe very good condition for its age. The car is regularly cleaned and waxed, it looks stunning. There are of course a few age related stonechip and swirl marks, but nothing of any concern. No big dents, scuffs or scratches of any kind. I feel the car would benefit from a good detail but will leave that for the new owner to decide. Anyway, here's some pictures of it:

Spec/Equipment:

I won't list the standard M features as I'm sure if you're looking at buying one of these, you know what will be included (Xenons etc). Additional equipment is:

- Auto Dim Mirrors
- Storage Nets & Cup Holders (Extended Storage)
- 6 CD Multi Changer
- Bluetooth
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Sat Nav with upgraded 2010/2011 disc’s. Here is the only negative I see, the monitor quite often stops halfway when going up/down. A simple fix for me is pushing it with my finger which takes all of one second! But others have resorted to a new one for a couple of hundred pounds, unnecessary in my opinion but I understand people want it working perfectly. It really doesn't affect the sat nav or monitor functions, it just needs to be manually moved every now and then with a finger! I want to be honest from the outset as I know people potentially travel many miles to see cars so am just passing all the facts.
- Heated seats
- DSP upgraded sound system
- Tinted rear glass (factory fitted)
- Aux in (installed myself and routed to the glovebox)
- First Aid box (unopened)

As you can see, pretty much every option has been added to this car.

Wheels:

19" CSL alloys in very good condition. The previous owner assured me he paid over £800 for them at the time and was informed they were genuine. However, after numerous discussions on here it would appear they may be replicas as they are missing the BMW badge/stamp:

But if they are replicas, they are certainly good quality and really look the part and are not heavy. For me the wheels really make this car, especially on the Imola, the pictures don't do it justice! One wheel (rear o/s) has some slight kerbing but the other 3 are virtually unmarked with only a few blemishes. I really love these wheels!

All 4 tyres are Avons, ZZ3's at the rear and ZZ5's at the front. Tyre reviews:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Avon/ZZ5.htm
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Avon/ZZ3.htm

All with plenty of tread (circa 4.5 on the rear & 5.5mm on the front) and equal wear across the tyres on the axle. The ride quality and grip is really fantastic.

The only modifications to the car are the CSL wheels, illuminated ZHP M-Sport Gear Knob (really improves the gear change), exhaust bypass fitment, black kidney grilles and stubby :)

Interior:

One of the biggest draws of this car was the striking interior. The stunning black leather is in excellent condition and has hardly any wear, there are no tears or marks of any description, even the driver’s side bolsters do not have excessive wear; the impressive leather really compliments the car. It has the aluminium dash design which I think really brightens the interior and makes it look very chic and stylish. There are a few dint marks near to the seatbelt on the trim, but it's really not that bad and I'm just being honest. The only other negative is the steering wheel trims are a little marked, they could do with being plastidipped or similar to bring back their shine. This was the only thing left on my to do list! Some interior shots:

Documentation/Service History:

The car comes with a comprehensive service history along with a stamped service book and more importantly documentation to back up work that has been done. It comes with an array of past MOT’s as well to back up the mileage.

Date of First Registration - 01/06/2006

Pre Delivery Inspection - 01/06/2006 at BMW (UK) Ltd Distribution Centre Thorne

Running in Service – 717 Miles – 14/07/2006 – BMW (UK) Ltd – Distribution Centre Thorne

Service – 12,731 Miles – 25/06/2007 – Colchester BMW - Oil Service

Service – 24,451 Miles – 18/03/2009 – Cooper BMW – Inspection 1

Service - 33,883 Miles – 13/08/2010 – Cooper BMW – Oil Service

Service - 42,113 Miles – 26/07/2011 – Kerridges – Inspection 2

Service - 56,656 Miles – 10/02/2012 – Kerridges – Oil Service

Service - 69,391 Miles - 04/04/2013 - Reddish Motorsport (see here: http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41336) - Inspection 1

So now over 15,000 miles until the next service which will just be a low cost oil service.

- MOT: Expiry 4th April 2014

This car wants for nothing, it will not need any money spending on it for some time. Please see the link above to see just how thorough James at Redish is, the car has been fully appraised with a fresh overhaul ready for the new owner.

- Tax: 31st July 2013
- 2 x Keys + Master (valet) Key
- Comes with a folder of bills & documentation
- Never smoked in (within my ownership and no evidence prior too)
- Full HPI Report which is of course clear (dated Apr 2012). Please feel free to get an up to date one if you wish
- 5 previous owners: This was a BMW press/show car and as a result its first owner was BMW. Paza3 was before me and the fifth. I know some people may think of this as an issue and some not. I fall into the latter, it's been well serviced, well looked after and this shows in the condition of the interior/exterior and the fact I've had no issues motoring in my ownership. I guess it's one of those cars people like to enjoy and have to sell on due to other commitments; like me! But I can happily say in my time it's been loved and I can only assume the previous owners have too based on how it is.

Reason For Sale:

I have the opportunity to change my job location, which will mean doing more miles. As much as I'd like to do these miles in the M, I can't justify that! Also my wife and I are looking to buy a larger house and start a family, unfortunately the M can't fit into these plans...:cry: This has easily been the most pleasurable, exciting and amazing car to own, this will be the pinnacle of my car ownership unless I get a lottery win. I am very very sad to be selling my car, it has pained me to write this but it was always inevitable I suppose, just sooner than expected.

More photos are available at request. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to help with any enquiry. I have just spent over £500 on the car so it is all lovely and ready to go for the new owner with no money needing to be spent on it for quite some time.

The car benefits from having high specification, desirable colour, not excessive mileage, CSL's, Inspection 1 and MOT just completed with no bills for quite a while and overall in great condition.

Thanks for looking, here's some more pictures :D

Woody
Last edited by Woody on Sun May 05, 2013 12:10 pm, edited 15 times in total.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Re: For Sale: Z4M Coupe

Post by mr wilks » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:23 pm

Woody , the car sells itself mate so maybe dilute the description & add a few interior pics + i know its a bit late but i would have pitched a £1k higher to start ?
You are handing over a minter with zero cash required to spend :|
The ask is a steal for a genuine buyer as a well looked after Imola coupe is a wet dream for potential Mzedders ,
Shame it has to go but when it does stick around , i for one have appreciated your wit & input :thumbsup:
PS , did you give Bing first refusal ? That cheque hasn't cleared yet but i bet his fingers start itching when he sees this post :P
Last edited by mr wilks on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Darren Slone » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:27 pm

Lovely ///M Woody, shame its got to go so soon, great ad, sure she'll be sapped up, glwts :thumbsup:

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

IK.

Post by IK. » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:46 pm

Why are you selling so quick, Woody? It looks lovely.
Currently car-less!
Previous: Z4 3.0si Coupe & Z4M Roadster
Plus a few others!

Woody

Post by Woody » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:03 pm

mr wilks wrote:Woody , the car sells itself mate so maybe dilute the description & add a few interior pics + i know its a bit late but i would have pitched a £1k higher to start ?
You are handing over a minter with zero cash required to spend :|
The ask is a steal for a genuine buyer as a well looked after Imola coupe is a wet dream for potential Mzedders ,
Shame it has to go but when it does stick around , i for one have appreciated your wit & input :thumbsup:
PS , did you give Bing first refusal ? That cheque hasn't cleared yet but i bet his fingers start itching when he sees this post :P
Ha thanks MrW :) Yer I just read through it, quite a lot of waffle but I think I've covered all aspects and possible questions. I really love this car, so I can't help wittering on about it! Not sure what I could take out :D?!

Interior pictures added :)

Oh yer, the asking price is now £14,750 :lol:

I will stick around, if you guys are happy to have a Mazda ("MPS" haha) owner...I'd love to be able to stay :)

Ha, I think Bing will have problems with the roof on mine!! He's got his heart set on Darren's or Stuart's...

Thanks for your comments though mate :thumbsup:
Darren Slone wrote:Lovely ///M Woody, shame its got to go so soon, great ad, sure she'll be sapped up, glwts :thumbsup:
Thanks Darren :)

Hasn't really sunk in yet that she's going :cry:

Hopefully I can have passenger rides with you guys at meets :D
IK. wrote:Why are you selling so quick, Woody? It looks lovely.
Thanks IK...:)

In answer to your question:
Woody wrote:Reason For Sale:

I have the opportunity to change my job location to the East Midlands, which will mean doing more miles. As much as I'd like to do these miles in the M, I can't justify that! Also my wife and I are looking to buy a larger house and start a family, unfortunately the M can't fit into these plans...:cry: This has easily been the most pleasurable, exciting and amazing car to own, this will be the pinnacle of my car ownership unless I get a lottery win. I am very very sad to be selling my car, it has pained me to write this but it was always inevitable I suppose, just sooner than expected.
Last edited by Woody on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swiftly
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Swiftly » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:23 pm

A gorgeous ///M pity you have to sell it Woody. It's a stunning ///M that won't be on the market for long.
Replacement, G29 Z4 M40i Lci in Alpine White :wub:
Gone G29 Z4 M40i in San Francisco Red
Gone F22 M240i auto coupe in Estoril Blue
Gone 2007 E85 3.0si Sport in Silver Grey,

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:55 pm

GLWTS Woody. I think she looks great and it's a very thorough and honest Forum advert. I hope the car stays on the Forum. It's well known now from both you and Paza, which I think makes a big difference for potential purchasers lurking on here.
Last edited by original guvnor on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

StevenH72
Lifer
Lifer

Post by StevenH72 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:56 am

GLWTS woody, seems a fair price. Shame you're leaving ///M ownership
'07 ///M Coupé ¦ Carbon Black ¦ Black Nappa Interior ¦ Piano Black trim ¦ 224's ¦ Stubby ¦ ZHP ¦ Prof Nav ¦ Loudspeaker HiFi ¦ BT ¦ Aux ¦ 6CD ¦ Cruise ¦ Heated Seats ¦ Folding Mirrors ¦ PDC ¦ Autodim ¦

Derby Z4

Post by Derby Z4 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:08 am

That is a mint motor,if I was looking for an ///M it would have to be a coupe.

Woody

Post by Woody » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:51 am

Swiftly wrote:A gorgeous ///M pity you have to sell it Woody. It's a stunning ///M that won't be on the market for long.
Thanks Swiftly. Yes it's a real pity, driven the MPS now for a couple of days, I'm missing my M soooo much. She's tucked up in the garage, I don't want to open the door for fear of :cry: Will enjoy the drive to Redish on Wednesday though!
StevenH72 wrote:GLWTS woody, seems a fair price. Shame you're leaving ///M ownership
Thanks Steven. I think it's fair too looking at the current market and what my M offers over those similarly priced. Leaving ///M ownership (maybe I'll be back in one in 25 years?!) but not forum membership...:)
Derby Z4 wrote:That is a mint motor,if I was looking for an ///M it would have to be a coupe.
Thanks Derby, I agree :D
original guvnor wrote:GLWTS Woody. I think she looks great and it's a very thorough and honest Forum advert. I hope the car stays on the Forum. It's well known now from both you and Paza, which I think makes a big difference for potential purchasers lurking on here.
Thanks OG, yer me too. Would love to see the new owner enjoying her, taking new pictures etc on here :) I've been totally honest with the description. I know it's a long advert but I wanted to get all the facts across and make potential buyers aware of everything. Hopefully people don't fall asleep reading it halfway through though!!

inkey$
Lifer
Lifer

Post by inkey$ » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:12 am

A very well written forum ad there Woody. Know this car has been cherished by both yourself and, briefly before he got Porsched - Paza, so it's a cracking buy for somebody [he says rummaging around his mind trying to justify selling his family saloon and reinvesting in an MC]

Good luck with the sale and per OG's comments I hope she stays in the Z4F family :thumbsup:

One final piece of advice is try to distance yourself emotionally from the car asap. It will still hurt when she's driven away but hopefully not as much.
Current: Project Audi A2 1.4SE
Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:33 am

A real shame Woody - but a lovely car that I am sure you will shift soon. There are a few people lurking on here looking for an MC right now, if this doesn't tempt them they should go buy a Golf GTI :P

For what it's worth [mr wilks :roll: ] I saw this and thought about it for about 5 seconds... Longer than I have ever thought about buying a coupe :D
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

ali4390

Post by ali4390 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:24 am

That is one stunning car. I remember seeing it for sale at the same time I was looking for my Coupe last year but I couldn't stretch to it.

If I hadn't just signed for a new car then I would snap that up in an instant. GLWTS.

Woody

Post by Woody » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:58 pm

^^^^^ Thanks guys...

Inkey you've had blue, now it's time for red!

5 seconds Bing, wow I'm shocked!

Cheers Ali :)

Pondering over whether to widen the market, AT/PH/eBay. Don't think I'd bother with Gumtree. For me it's such a rare car I'm thinking if someone is looking for an MC (private buy) they'll be checking *The* Forum, but maybe I'm wrong?

Will be going in for Insp1 & MOT tomorrow and picking up Friday. Might be my last proper drive :cry:

shawna

Post by shawna » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:14 pm

Lovely car and colour!