Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wanted: Z4C

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Lonnor

Post by Lonnor » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi there,

Have been doing a lot of reading of this great site - thank you to everyone who contributes, so much good info

Am in the market for a Z4 Coupe - I already have a couple in mind, but keen to see what's out there, so please shout if you have anything that would fit the bill or have seen anything

Current thinking:

Essentials
- Sport model
- PDC
- Auto
- Grey, Black, Blue, Silver
- Xenons
- Piano black or brushed Any trim other than wood
- Dark carpets (not sure correct terminology here, but have seen some with all beige interiors and they do nothing for me!)
- Well cared for and good service history

Nice to haves
- Mileage <80k
- Heated seats
- CSLs
- Newer rather than older
- Nav
- Storage pack
- Not too far from London
- Electric folding mirrors

Very happy for any comments as to whether my spec requirements are unrealistic or any other tips

Cheers!

NickDE

Post by NickDE » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:45 pm

Good decision !

Your spec is possible, as long as you are willing to pay the right price. Finding a good auto can be hard. I was fussier than you on the must haves, but less fussy on the nice to haves. It took me over 3 months to find the right one searching the whole country.

Remember that an SE might have been specced up to a higher standard than a standard Sport if the original purchaser was feeling generous, so dont automatically exclude them. Use a VIN decoder to check the spec on any interesting cars.
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:47 pm

That's at least 3 on the hunt for E86s at this time , although the others want manuals i think :?
Seems a fair list of desires , the elec fold mirrors will be the tough one i think as they aren't all that common
Saying that both E86s ive owned have had them & both have been autos ? So could be lucky ?
Barring the London & CSLs part you've pretty much described my E86 in detail :oops:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Lonnor

Post by Lonnor » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:20 pm

Thanks both

Great tip on the VIN decoder, had come across that from here a couple of weeks ago but had forgotten all about it

I'm hoping being uncool and wanting an auto over a manual will help my hunt!

To be honest have various other thoughts on nice to haves, but thought I'd keep it sensible.

My other thought from looking at photos online is that I'm not a massive fan of the champagne leather - it looks yellower than I'd ideally want, is the other light colour called silver? That one looks cracking - as do the red and black

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:58 pm

Hi OP, what you are looking for probably exists, but you may have to wait a long time for it to come up for sale!

Taz posted UK Spec production numbers some time ago and from what I remember there were just under 2,000 Sport model Coupes built - when you narrow that down by wanting an auto. there aren't too many about! Still, your colour choice should be easy - I think less than 100 weren't some shade of black, Grey, Silver or Blue!

If you don't want to compromise or have along wait maybe you need to widen your search area - I'm in Berkshire, went to Portsmouth for my first which was bought by someone from Ipswich and my current one came from Rugby!

The other interior colour you mention is probably Pearl Grey (as both of mine have) so hope this helps:-
Attachments
Blue Z4 Interior1 060716.JPG
Blue Z4 Interior1 060716.JPG (125.12 KiB) Viewed 572 times
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Lonnor

Post by Lonnor » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:45 am

Thanks - pearl grey, that's the one - looks great!

Flexible on location - being car-less at present just makes it that much trickier to get places, but not ruling out anywhere for the right one

NickDE

Post by NickDE » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:00 pm

Mr Tidy wrote:I'm in Berkshire, went to Portsmouth for my first which was bought by someone from Ipswich and my current one came from Rugby!
I'm in Newcastle, and bought mine in Potters Bar. During my 3 month search I didn't find a single automatic that was less than 90 miles away. Search national :thumbsup:
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic