Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wanted - 3.0 E85 roadster

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
GreyZed

Post by GreyZed » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:05 pm

Mine is also going up for sale in the next 2 weeks. Been putting it off for a while but the missus now has her new RAV4 meaning either the X3 or the Z4 have to go. As we have a teenager and a big dog she has told me that (I'll just end the explanation here as I'm sure you can work out the rest for yourself).

Will get some pics up as soon as I've given her a good wash/wax/valet. You can see most of the spec from my sig. Car is an Aug 2003 registration with a dateless 'Z4' plate (IFZ4992). It has 74k miles on and never sits outside when not in use always kept in a garage (previous owner confirmed same) so no clogged drainage channels and green moss here. Wheels were professionally refurbed about 6 months ago and I had new Avons fitted all round. Both rear springs replaced last year (Suplex). In addition to annual oil changes with MOT other stuff done in my ownership (most of which preventative not actually needed) includes Disa valve mod, aux belts replaced, all 6 coil packs renewed (Bosch) spark plugs replaced (NGK Iridium), expansion tank replaced, starter motor replaced, all 4 brake disks replaced and pads fitted with new fitting kits/sensors and brake fluid renewed.

I know that I will get more back from this car if I start removing some of the upgrades such as digital TV receiver, Intravee/Alpine, Hardtop (with 2 covers and stand) but I would genuinely prefer it to go to a Forum Member as a complete package. I think it's a £4,750 car without the extras which are worth an easy £1,250. Pretty sure my Forum all in price will be £5,500. I'll post an advert with pics as soon as she's been nicely cleaned up. :(
3.0 auto, sterling grey, hardtop, prfessional nav, dsp, digital tv, bluetooth, cruise, xenons, mfsw, cupholders, auto lights, auto wipers, folding mirrors, memory seats, wind deflector, pdc, 108s, LED sides/fogs, stubby, intravee, need a quad exhaust!

mjennings23

Post by mjennings23 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:02 pm

So, an update!

First off I don't think I specified a manual was required, while an auto would be nice for lazy driving I still prefer the feel of a manual.

I've been talking with John and hopefully popping out to see his soon. I am still looking however, I think the recent sunny weather has started making me loathe having a fixed roof on my car!

Overthehillnhoj

Post by Overthehillnhoj » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:59 pm

Hi mjennings23,
I have a 3.0l Si Roadster in silver with navy nappa leather m seats (heated/memory) that is an approved BMW purchase and I have transferable BMW warranty on it through to December 17'.
I live near Richmond N Yorks.
I am simply not using it so considering sale but not plucked up the courage to advertise (really not wanting to get rid but i know i must).
It is in superb condition, 07' plate with 41,600 miles and as approved BMW, has full BMW service history. The next service is an oil service in 7600 miles.
I can not however go as low as £6000. If that's your ceiling then I am waiting your time. If you can go higher (looking for ~£8000) we should talk more!
[email protected]
Regards.

mjennings23

Post by mjennings23 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:35 pm

While that sounds like cracking value for £8k, it is unfortunately out of my budget at present so will have to pass. Good luck with the sale though, if you ever get brace enough to let it go! :P

mjennings23

Post by mjennings23 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:17 am

Another update, went to see Johns example yesterday and we came to an agreement, so it seems that my search may well be over, all going well I'll have a new toy around Easter! :driving: