Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E85 3.0 Roadster Wanted - £4000 cash waiting

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
russy01

Post by russy01 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:16 am

Good Morning,

This is my first post, although I have spent the last few weeks raiding the whole forum for information. Currently in the market for Roadster to give me giggles for the summer months and to use as a 3rd car.

Went to see a Toledo Blue 3.0 Roadster with Aero Kit (£4k on eBay) in S.Wales yesterday and it was an absolute DOG, I mean absolutely horrible thing. So please anybody reading this - dont go and see it...

I understand my budget is at the lower end of the scale, but my expectations are adjusted accordingly.

So if you are looking to sell your genuine car and want to save yourself £50 Autotrader fee's then drop me a message on here.

Thanks.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:12 pm

What were the issues?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z4-3-0-pe ... Swol5YxDFp

I can see the wheels need sorting and the nearside headlight has issues.

russy01

Post by russy01 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:42 pm

Oil Light on - Supposedly Serviced very recently.
TPMS Light on
Brake Pad/Disc Light on
Bulb Light on
Flat Battery - car had only been left for a week or two.
Passenger Door doesn't open on every pull, not sure whether Central locking was operational either.
3rd Gear very Notchy
Slight Exhaust blowing
Very Bad respray on Front Bumper, sprayed whilst still on the car. Over spray on Rad and lights
Grill missing on Front bumper
Water ingress in 1 front light unit
Wheels not too bad, but signs of dodgy refurb. Sprayed over previous damage, not filled etc.
Car sitting v.low at the back and VERY hard/shaky ride. Potential rear spring damage.
Service History patchy
Advertised 12month MOT, actually MOT expires in August!
Advertised 119k miles, actually 113k.
Front Arch liner screwed in place with Self Tapping Timber Screws!!!!
Steering Wheel trim flapping off
Interior door pull broken, with cover missing.
Drivers Seat Bolster wear - leather actually split, can stick your finger into the stuffing.
Interior Trim all a bit tatty...

Some of the points are age related, i.e Interior trim worn etc. BUT, overall the car feels like a dog and I walked away.

Person advertising the car is a part time trader with 4/5 cars trying to make a quick buck with seemingly no regard for the car. He just kept referring to its age and saying the old, "Well its X years old, you cant expect it to be like new.." Which is true, but isnt an excuse for lies, misinformation & poor workmanship.

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:23 pm

russy01 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:42 pm Oil Light on - Supposedly Serviced very recently.
TPMS Light on
Brake Pad/Disc Light on
Bulb Light on
Flat Battery - car had only been left for a week or two.
Passenger Door doesn't open on every pull, not sure whether Central locking was operational either.
3rd Gear very Notchy
Slight Exhaust blowing
Very Bad respray on Front Bumper, sprayed whilst still on the car. Over spray on Rad and lights
Grill missing on Front bumper
Water ingress in 1 front light unit
Wheels not too bad, but signs of dodgy refurb. Sprayed over previous damage, not filled etc.
Car sitting v.low at the back and VERY hard/shaky ride. Potential rear spring damage.
Service History patchy
Advertised 12month MOT, actually MOT expires in August!
Advertised 119k miles, actually 113k.
Front Arch liner screwed in place with Self Tapping Timber Screws!!!!
Steering Wheel trim flapping off
Interior door pull broken, with cover missing.
Drivers Seat Bolster wear - leather actually split, can stick your finger into the stuffing.
Interior Trim all a bit tatty...

Some of the points are age related, i.e Interior trim worn etc. BUT, overall the car feels like a dog and I walked away.

Person advertising the car is a part time trader with 4/5 cars trying to make a quick buck with seemingly no regard for the car. He just kept referring to its age and saying the old, "Well its X years old, you cant expect it to be like new.." Which is true, but isnt an excuse for lies, misinformation & poor workmanship.

sounds a cracker..you should have bit his hand off :rofl:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

gerryp

Post by gerryp » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:01 pm

Nothing worse than someone wasting your time with a car that is not as described.
The last 2 cars i have viewed were not even washed.

Paulr

Post by Paulr » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:10 pm

gerryp wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:01 pm Nothing worse than someone wasting your time with a car that is not as described.
The last 2 cars i have viewed were not even washed.
I do find that astonishing, and a little insight into how the car has been looked after (or not). If someone cannot be bothered to wash it when trying to sell it, he sure as hell will not treat it very well when not selling it.
If you try and take a cat apart the first thing you have is a non working cat.

russy01

Post by russy01 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:13 pm

Yes, one of the nicest days of the year so far and I spent it on the Motorway...

So again, if anybody has a nice one they want to sell me then I have cash waiting...

tykesi

Post by tykesi » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:23 pm

How flexible are you on budget (upwards) and where are you located?

I've got a '04 Titanium Silver 3.0 I've just put on a SORN which I am looking to sell, under 100k miles and some nice extras, not the best bodywork or wheels in the world but mechanically sounds and tons better than that blue one sounds.

I'm in Leeds.

russy01

Post by russy01 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:33 pm

tykesi wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:23 pm How flexible are you on budget (upwards) and where are you located?

I've got a '04 Titanium Silver 3.0 I've just put on a SORN which I am looking to sell, under 100k miles and some nice extras, not the best bodywork or wheels in the world but mechanically sounds and tons better than that blue one sounds.

I'm in Leeds.
Afternoon,

Thanks for your reply. Ill be honest and say that I am not flexible on my budget... I have set £4000 and dont want to go a penny above - the car is going to by my 3rd car and is hard enough to justify as it is (I just want a rag top for the summer basically).
So I want to keep it cheap and cheerful, you know what its like, originally I was looking at a £2000 MX5, now its a £4000 Z4. If I say any more Ill end up with a £15k Z4M.

Thanks.

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:52 pm

At your budget patience is key...there has been the odd 4k bargain here plenty of times but they are rare..another 1k would see you in something nice fairly easily but as your budget is strict you're going to have to sit tight for a while..at some point you should get the right car...tbh i wouldn't even bother with dealers at that price..they're most likely to have paid 1-2k less than what theyre asking so they will undoubtedly be shitters, bide your time for a forum car and maybe be a little more flexible on price if you can and you should be ok :thumbsup:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

russy01

Post by russy01 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:57 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:52 pm At your budget patience is key...there has been the odd 4k bargain here plenty of times but they are rare..another 1k would see you in something nice fairly easily but as your budget is strict you're going to have to sit tight for a while..at some point you should get the right car...tbh i wouldn't even bother with dealers at that price..they're most likely to have paid 1-2k less than what theyre asking so they will undoubtedly be shitters, bide your time for a forum car and maybe be a little more flexible on price if you can and you should be ok :thumbsup:
Yea well aware hence putting a post in here. I can afford more, but I want to keep it as a cheap as I can - I'm sure I'll be worn down over the next few weeks!!

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:32 pm

It's worth a try at £4k but price expectations rise in spring and whatever you see at that price will have higher mileage and need servicing and/or other work and these things add up quickly. It might be better to pay more at the outset as an owner will only ever recover a fraction of the money they have spent maintaining the car. Be interesting to see what you get for £4k, good luck :thumbsup:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

tykesi

Post by tykesi » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:36 pm

russy01 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:33 pm Afternoon,

Thanks for your reply. Ill be honest and say that I am not flexible on my budget... I have set £4000 and dont want to go a penny above - the car is going to by my 3rd car and is hard enough to justify as it is (I just want a rag top for the summer basically).
So I want to keep it cheap and cheerful, you know what its like, originally I was looking at a £2000 MX5, now its a £4000 Z4. If I say any more Ill end up with a £15k Z4M.

Thanks.
Yeah no problem, sounds exactly how I was before I bought it, started at MX5s and soon ended up with the Z. If you change your mind let me know, it won't be a lot more than your budget and it was a forum car before me, my experience of dealer cars was the same as you've already seen.

Lil_g_1234

Post by Lil_g_1234 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:09 pm

If you find a few hundred more - check out my thread.... :D
Z4 3.0l - gone
650i - gone
Z4 35is - Current

russy01

Post by russy01 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:03 pm

I'm all sorted, picked up yesterday. This thread worked a treat. Brilliant car from a forum boy...

I'll start another thread.