Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Look what my son did to my new Z4

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Truth

Post by Truth » Wed May 10, 2017 3:52 pm

In later years I'm sure ur son will realise that family Is the most important thing. I know I did. My thoughts are with you mate. All the best and Cars come and go but hopefully ur love for a nice car won't die.
Z4MC

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:31 pm

couldn't see the pics properly before. now i'm home. yes that is 100% a write off. i would strip the car before letting them take it away. if it has anything you can remove do it. cruise control stalk, etc. see if the third brake light is intact. if it has a amp in the boot remove it. the money gained can be used to offset higher premiums in future.

good luck and I hope this is the last of it. such a shame RIP.

bulmor

Post by bulmor » Wed May 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Thank you to all of you for your helpful and kind comments.

My son's mother did have cancer while I was leaving in Asia. I knew this was a difficult time for them, but didn't realise how difficult until well after I had returned to the UK some years later. (I had been back to the UK on holidays to see them, but it never came up, in hindsight, I probably didn't pick up on things, but I guess spilt milk now).

Yes he does have a drugs and alcohol problem, but nothing specific is more of about escaping I think, but unfortunately he won't take any help and, I do believe it is most likely some psychological issues, that are exasperated by use i.e. they are a symptom not cause.

This does not however excuse him for such behaviour, he had moved down with me as a second chance and given nothing but love. Ironically 6 months ago I picked him up out of a cell in Lincolnshire and, since I opted to be classed as his responsible adult, the court kindly fined me £2.5k for a bunch of previous offences he had committed. To be honest, he was very good when first arriving, which tells me he can hold things off when he needs to, implying that much of this is choice rather than something uncontrollable.

Anyway, in conclusion a very bad time. It will take time to forgive him, but hopefully that will remedy over time. Thanks again for all your kind messages and support.

To the matter at hand then I guess, if anyone knows of any z4 3.0i roadsters 05/06, <100k miles, FSH, professional stereo, electric heated front seats, silver or grey, circa £6k, would love to hear about them.

Thanks guys

Tcochrane92

Post by Tcochrane92 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:06 pm

This one looks good mate :thumbsup:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... BMW&page=1

Plus it's got the red leather interior you wanted!

But, you'll have to comprimise with an auto box (with no paddles!)

Or... if you can stretch to £7k (asking price) I'd go for this one myself:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 500&page=1

For obvious reasons :lol: it's also very very competitively priced
Current: Imola Red 400bhp 640d & Ocean Blue BMW S1000XR Sport SE
Past: Silver Grey Z4MR, Silver Grey Z4C & Titan Silver Z4 3.0i

bulmor

Post by bulmor » Wed May 10, 2017 9:14 pm

Tcochrane92 wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 9:06 pm Or... if you can stretch to £7k (asking price) I'd go for this one myself:

Of course, you've now been an owner of the roadster and a coupe!

How do they compare, ride, experience, feel etc?

Pros and cons?

Tcochrane92

Post by Tcochrane92 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:21 pm

bulmor wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 9:14 pm
Tcochrane92 wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 9:06 pm Or... if you can stretch to £7k (asking price) I'd go for this one myself:

Of course, you've now been an owner of the roadster and a coupe!

How do they compare, ride, experience, feel etc?

Pros and cons?
Without wanting to invite the forum firing squad... :?

In MY opinion:

The roadster is more of a "drivers" car, you feel more connected to the "drive". Purely because you've got more noise coming through. You can hear the exhaust better, which tells you what the engine is doing (as well as feeling for it). When the top's down, the rush of wind adds to the sensation of speed.

The ride in my roadster was harsher, but that's because of its setup. My coupe has a soft set up with its bushes and tyres, so its not a like for like comparison.

Experience-wise.. I still much prefer the Coupe, and I like the auto box with paddles more than the manual. They're nicer to look at and you don't have to worry about the roof motor dying on you. And they're less likely to get broken into.
Face-lift models (post 06) are also more powerful and it's definitely noticeable

Overall: I wouldn't get another roadster unless it was an M
Current: Imola Red 400bhp 640d & Ocean Blue BMW S1000XR Sport SE
Past: Silver Grey Z4MR, Silver Grey Z4C & Titan Silver Z4 3.0i

warmasice

Post by warmasice » Wed May 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Absolutely gutted for you mate. Glad you're safe though.

bulmor

Post by bulmor » Wed May 10, 2017 9:40 pm

warmasice wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 9:33 pm Absolutely gutted for you mate. Glad you're safe though.
Thanks mate

bulmor

Post by bulmor » Wed May 10, 2017 9:45 pm

Tcochrane92 wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 9:21 pm In MY opinion:

The roadster is more of a "drivers" car, you feel more connected to the "drive". Purely because you've got more noise coming through. You can hear the exhaust better, which tells you what the engine is doing (as well as feeling for it). When the top's down, the rush of wind adds to the sensation of speed.

The ride in my roadster was harsher, but that's because of its setup. My coupe has a soft set up with its bushes and tyres, so its not a like for like comparison.

Experience-wise.. I still much prefer the Coupe, and I like the auto box with paddles more than the manual. They're nicer to look at and you don't have to worry about the roof motor dying on you. And they're less likely to get broken into.
Face-lift models (post 06) are also more powerful and it's definitely noticeable

Overall: I wouldn't get another roadster unless it was an M
Yeah, really loved the roadster the short time I had it, particular going across the mendip hills on the way home with the roof down.

I think I would consider the coupe for the boot space, not entirely sure about the look, but have only actually seen one in the flesh on the motorway so not for long. Would definitely miss having the sky as a roof though.

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Wed May 10, 2017 9:52 pm

Ouch!!

What a teriable situation for all involved. I know he is the alleged bad guy gear. But your son must be having s sh1tty time to do this. Time is a healer and I hope you and him sort things out.

And bloody well done for not not braiding him!!

As for the car. Write off I would think but 100% diy fixable.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

bulmor

Post by bulmor » Thu May 11, 2017 1:29 am

Machine monkey wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 9:52 pm Ouch!!

What a teriable situation for all involved. I know he is the alleged bad guy gear. But your son must be having s sh1tty time to do this. Time is a healer and I hope you and him sort things out.

And bloody well done for not not braiding him!!

As for the car. Write off I would think but 100% diy fixable.
Thanks and hopefully so on the son front.

On the car front, was simply thinking of letting them take it, but from the comments I am getting on here, now beginning to wonder how much it would cost be for a complete set of panels, doors, windows and a front and back light, gotta still be pretty expensive right?

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Thu May 11, 2017 7:30 am

Mike (DLV) had asked £75 per front wing yesterday - I still say that a DIY fix may be less than the excess and increased premiums. Unlike a traffic accident you know the car is 'straight' with no damage to running gear and you know (and love) its history. Bit of a project but you'll love it even more and plenty of people to offer advise and I would guess help. Good luck

bulmor

Post by bulmor » Thu May 11, 2017 8:44 pm

Crazy Harry wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 7:30 am Mike (DLV) had asked £75 per front wing yesterday - I still say that a DIY fix may be less than the excess and increased premiums. Unlike a traffic accident you know the car is 'straight' with no damage to running gear and you know (and love) its history. Bit of a project but you'll love it even more and plenty of people to offer advise and I would guess help. Good luck
Thanks. Will see what they come back with, you never know they may say they will fix it. If not, I'll have a look the price difference between them and I keeping the old one. I have protected NCB, so am hoping it won't effect me too much (though maybe that is a little hopeful)

Thanks again

jabber
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jabber » Thu May 11, 2017 9:42 pm

Just read all this post so sorry for you and your family. I have 3 sons who have caused me lots of heartache over the years but have got through it eventually and close to them all now hope this happens for you also
Z less again
14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone
Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg

bulmor

Post by bulmor » Thu May 11, 2017 9:46 pm

jabber wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 9:42 pm Just read all this post so sorry for you and your family. I have 3 sons who have caused me lots of heartache over the years but have got through it eventually and close to them all now hope this happens for you also
Yeah me too. Thanks Jabber