Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

For Sale - 04 Manual 3.0i SE Roadster BMW Warranty // M-Sport seats - Central London - 56K - £5,999 ***Price reduced***

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
SimonJ

For Sale - 04 Manual 3.0i SE Roadster BMW Warranty // M-Sport seats - Central London - 56K - £5,999 ***Price reduced***

Post by SimonJ » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:17 am

4 owners, Full BM service history, Titanium Silver, £5,999, 57.5K, completely OEM

Hello all

It is a very sad day as it is time for someone else to enjoy the Z4 as an expanding family means it is not being used enough. God I am going to miss it!

With a full BMWSH, all receipts and maintained regardless of cost by previous and me, this car comes with the balance of a renewable up to 100k miles BMW Comprehensive warranty (expiring September with low excess and renewal cost).

In addition to standard equipment - optional extras include: Sought after M sport seats, Xenons, Elec Fold Mirrors, Wind deflector, Auto Dim Mirrors, Elec Fr Seats + Driver Memory, Headlamp wash, PDC, Rain sensor wipers + auto lights, Automatic climate control, Cruise Control, Business 6 CD Radio (Hifi speaker system), M sport suspension, Grad Tint Windscreen, MF steering wheel, Double Spoke 103 17" alloys. Sold with Balance of MOT. Bodywork and interior is in good condition, it comes with both keys and the service key.

Currently on Bridgestones, rear tyres will need replacement at next MOT (reflected in price) - I have not done this as I suspect if you are on the forum you want to get into a healthy discussion in relation to whether OEM Run Flats are that bad and choose your own tyre.

It took me six months to find a car with this spec and in this condition and cruising around with the top down and the potent 3.0 in line six will be very much missed. Available for viewing in evening in SW1 Central London. No trade please.

Note:
- Car is also advertised on Autotrader
- Car was purchased Tax free by first army owner - it is not an import (even though Autotrader will tell you so :roll: )
- Known faults that you will see on the forum have been addressed at BMW main dealer under warranty over the last few years: replaced rear springs, ABS module, Window control module, VANOS, central locking module, Brake lines - to name a few. I also had a new OEM battery fitted two weeks ago and a system reset to allow comfort opening.
Contact - t: (020) 81286637
Attachments
IMG_3676 (2).jpg
IMG_3676 (2).jpg (105.11 KiB) Viewed 1268 times
IMG_3675 (2).jpg
IMG_3675 (2).jpg (112.11 KiB) Viewed 1268 times
IMG_3678.jpg
IMG_3678.jpg (109.28 KiB) Viewed 1268 times
IMG_3686.jpg
IMG_3686.jpg (102.26 KiB) Viewed 1268 times
Last edited by SimonJ on Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SimonJ

For Sale - 04 Manual 3.0i SE Roadster BMW Warranty // M-Sport seats - Central London - £6,650

Post by SimonJ » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:18 am

A few more pics...
Attachments
IMG_3683.jpg
IMG_3683.jpg (70.03 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
IMG_3690.jpg
IMG_3690.jpg (79.08 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
IMG_3688.jpg
IMG_3688.jpg (87.97 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
IMG_3686.jpg
IMG_3686.jpg (102.26 KiB) Viewed 1267 times

SimonJ

For Sale - 04 Manual 3.0i SE Roadster BMW Warranty // M-Sport seats - Central London - £6,650

Post by SimonJ » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:19 am

And a few more...
Attachments
IMG_3664 (3).jpg
IMG_3664 (3).jpg (105.01 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
IMG_3663.jpg
IMG_3663.jpg (89.66 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
IMG_3662.jpg
IMG_3662.jpg (95.37 KiB) Viewed 1267 times

SimonJ

For Sale - 04 Manual 3.0i SE Roadster BMW Warranty // M-Sport seats - Central London - 56K - £5,999

Post by SimonJ » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:54 pm

Bump ***PRICE REDUCED***

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:24 pm

Its a lovely looking car tbf and good ones are hard to find

the only thing that would concern me is the lack of an inspection 2 and the length of time between services unless oil changes and brake fluid have been done in between.

As I understand it its CBS or every two years if it doesn't do enough miles and a Insp2 at 8 years

Personally for me 4 -5 years between services is too long, but each to their own

good luck with the sale
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

SimonJ

Post by SimonJ » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:13 pm

Thanks earthdweller - it shows 3400 until the next service which would be inspection II. A failure to do the service properly/at specified times would void the warranty so have always done what needs to be done and not taken any shortcuts there.

When I took it in to be re-programmed for new battery a couple of weeks ago at the main dealer, I actually asked and they said stick to the computer read-out.

Bearing in mind it is low use and that has always been for longer motorway trips (I have another car for short trips with family), there is no reason to be alarmed by the intervals I would think.

If any prospective buyers are concerned, I will happily take it in to have the oil/fluid tested!

S

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:32 pm

SimonJ wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:13 pm Thanks earthdweller - it shows 3400 until the next service which would be inspection II. A failure to do the service properly/at specified times would void the warranty so have always done what needs to be done and not taken any shortcuts there.

When I took it in to be re-programmed for new battery a couple of weeks ago at the main dealer, I actually asked and they said stick to the computer read-out.

Bearing in mind it is low use and that has always been for longer motorway trips (I have another car for short trips with family), there is no reason to be alarmed by the intervals I would think.

If any prospective buyers are concerned, I will happily take it in to have the oil/fluid tested!

S
Problem is as a minimum the an oils service should be done every 2 years, as per the service book. If the dealer told you to follow the computer readout they were very wrong.

SimonJ

Post by SimonJ » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:44 pm

Thank you both for the constructive feedback.

I am used to cars needing annual/10,000 services and have always religiously done this for the other car that I run. When I bought this car I had the initial concern as the intervals were far longer - the main dealer not worrying about it and it being in line with the warranty requirements put my mind at ease at the time (as well as lots of research on Forums such as this). Since then, I have been used to main dealers looking for work too so was surprised like you are that they did not use this as an opportunity to have a further service.

I fully appreciate that it is great to go beyond what dealers recommend, specifically if you do the work yourself and I would like nothing more than to have the facility for doing such things as oil changes even more frequently than required but unfortunately I do not have that luxury so have instead thrown money at it by going down the main dealer peace of mind route. This is perhaps a good thing as the last thing you would want is me with my limited mechanical skill tinkering with the car - especially the brakes!

Anyway, as I said, if there is any doubt about the oil/brake fluid this can be readily checked and of course, if there is any issue with it, which I doubt, this can be part of any negotiation.

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:53 pm

When I spoke to the BMW dealer I have used for years .. I currently have 3 !

He stated low mileage every 2 years and an Insp 2 every 8 years regardless of miles

As the other poster says the service book does say low mileage cars should be serviced every two years

It's the same on my 2015 X3 with the variable condition based regime

The other thing I would say .. being hypercritical is that central London location will put a lot of people off

I don't know whether you can take some nice pics with trees around the car .. maybe give two locations and merely say the car can be viewed in central London if needed

If you have family or another address outside the smoke it may help

A lot of people see central London and think ., Parked in street.. bump parked every day .. only driven in traffic jams .. rarely used .., avoid

Hth

Andy
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

SimonJ

Post by SimonJ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:46 am

Thanks Earthdweller - sadly it is what it is and, granted, this will put some off. I am not really going to pretend it is a country car when it is not.

It was garaged by the previous owner who lived in Brixton (now I would not park it on the street there!). When I went to see it I too had misgivings about a London car but as I am aware from my own experiences this does not mean much. Back in the day (20 years ago!), when I was first driving my father's car I used to drive to the west end for evenings out with friends most weekends and park in deepest darkest backstreets of Soho etc and never had a problem. The only incidents I ever had with that car were in the country where someone once keyed the car (in Hampshire!), another wonderful person stuck chewing gum on the car (in France), and some delightful individual knocked the wing mirror off in Wiltshire.

In terms of short trips, I also found the opposite, having a scooter and living down the road from the shops, I would never take it for short trips and of course would never drive the two miles to work every day in London traffic as this would take hours so it has only really been used for longer trips out of town on the motorway then on country roads.

The secret in London is to park on roads with expensive cars and, where it is currently is not on my street but two blocks over on the same street where are habitually parked a brand new DB11, a Rapide, a Maserati Quatroporte, countless high end Mercedes, BMWs and other high value machinery... I also practice 'safe parking' - i.e. in end bays or away from corners, not directly under lampposts or anywhere near building works etc. When you have lived and parked somewhere for 40 years, you know what is a bad idea!

Anyway, I get nervous when I look at country cars because I think of all the mud, dirt and salt in winter that there is on country roads and constant need to clean the car - Maybe it is because I'm a Londoner... :P

SimonJ

Post by SimonJ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:58 am

By way of follow up, I also just spoke to the BMW main dealer who service the car to explain your concerns and they used the word 'should' about being serviced every two years. When pressed, they indicated this was more to check the condition of the parts/car rather than the oil requiring changing ...effectively to ensure that there are no very low mileage cars out there that have not been to the garage for years and years as they have had no obvious faults but are for example on the cusp of having a service part fail which would be dangerous (do such cars exist?).

Most importantly, as you know, anytime the car goes in to the main dealer they do their '100 point check' or whatever it is to give you peace of mind which is really an exercise to identify issues which they can then charge you to address. As part of this the BMW dealer confirmed that they check not just oil and brake fluid levels but oil and brake fluid condition (as well as coolant/pads etc.).

So to put your mind at ease, this car has not just been to the dealer for service per the book but has been in a few times between these appointments as those issues which are sadly all too commonly known on this forum and others have been addressed and each time it went in, it has had that check done and often times additional work carried out under the warranty (e.g. some hoses were replaced under warranty when it had gone in for a VANOS replacement, an entire central locking module and lock was replaced when it went in for a problem with a lock sticking). This is precisely why I maintain the warranty as I do not need to fear a trip to the garage and take it in for the slightest thing!

Anyway just on a technical point, the engineer I also spoke to said it is fully synth for the oil so it does not deteriorate at any significant rate like non synth if left un-used! As for the brake fluid this was changed in the last couple of years when some hoses were replaced under warranty and prior to that when getting brake pads/discs replaced so it is not exactly ancient and, in any event were there to be any problem would have been replaced.