Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2010 Z4 3.0 auto

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Highlander

2010 Z4 3.0 auto

Post by Highlander » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:10 pm

ScoobyR1 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:01 pm
Highlander wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:31 pm Answering a few questions,
3 previous owners before me
Heated seats
Sat nav with all the associated stuff
PDC front & rear
BMW warranty.....no
Tyres are standard issue run flats,replaced in my ownership with at least 5mm on all tyres.Only reason I fitted these was they needed replaced as axle sets and I didn't want pairs of odd tyres on the car.I'd used the car on weekend trips up to Caithness,driving at night,and we also did an extensive trip to Europe so didn't want to be stranded.
3 key fobs as I thought I'd lost 1 and purchased a replacement from Grassicks BMW,fully coded £180 and then found the "lost" 1 in a jacket pocket :headbang:
MOT was actually done in march at 41150 miles so not done many miles after.
The only service I've had done was with an independant garage that I use in Edinburgh(100 mile round trip,but I trust them)......they did MOT and were instructed to check and replace fluids in gearbox and diff.....subsequently didn't need to be done.Also replaced all braking components and Inspection 1 service.I've known the owner and one of the mechanics for a few years as they worked at Murray Lotus and looked after 2 Elise's I had......highly recommended and far superior to my local BMW garage(20 mile round trip).....don't want any of our personal vehicles serviced by a "technician" who has 1 eye on the clock cos he/she's working to a fixed menu.
If anybody has any other qyestions or wants further pictures just ask.....might be at home tomorrow as clutch went on my traffic van....not too shabby for a Renault though,2009 and just turned 246000 miles....99% me.
Hi Highlander

Can you let me know who your trusted Garage is in Edinburgh please?

Cheers :thumbsup:
The guys I use are ,
Craig Moncrieff Cars
13/6 South Gyle Crescent
Edinburgh
EH12 9EB
0131 3346085
07803 849010 this is Craig's number so try not to call too far out of normal business hours

Always helpful and invoices not usually too eye-watering......we'll be dropping our motorhome there in Sept for a service/check over