Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Looking for Z4 Coupe Sport Si

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Kenster

Post by Kenster » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:17 pm

If you are thinking soon of selling please ping me. Im looking for a Z4 Coupe pref sub 90k mileage.

My ideal car/colour would be

Ruby Black with Burgundy(not sure what official colour name is just not that bright red leather) or black interior. Would entertain other colours apart from plain old SilverGrey or Monaco/Montego Blue.

Must haves -

Heated Seats
Xenons or Bi-Xenons

Like to haves
SatNav
Better than Business head unit i think Carver or Logic (still new to this)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum OP. :thumbsup:

According to some numbers another member provided the UK got just under 2,000 Sport Coupes, and of those 140 were Ruby Black which was a BMW Individual option.

The leather I think you mean is called Amarone which was also a BMW Individual option.

I think you may have a very long wait to find one with both those options, especially with heated seats and Bi-Xenons but a black interior shouldn't be such a problem.

My first Coupe was Ruby Black and had heated seats, Bi-Xenons and the Hi-Fi speaker system with 10 speakers, but had a Pearl Grey interior and now belongs to another forum owner. (The Carver system you mention was the THX Certified HiFi loudspeaker system that was a further upgrade over what mine had).

Anyway what is wrong with Montego Blue? :P While Ruby Black did look great now and again, living in the UK I found that for 8 or 9 months of the year it just looked black!

I think you may need to make a compromise or two, but good luck with your search and don't forget to post photos once you have found one!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

rally-chris

Post by rally-chris » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:29 am

This is the only coupe I found with Burgundy leather when I was looking a couple of weeks ago, dark grey paint though!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... upe&page=2

Also the best condition leather of any of the cars I viewed, however at the time it had a misfire when warmed up although the garage told me last week that this has now been resolved. Good spec but slight scuff to front NS corner.

Chris
08 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe in Montego Blue

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Kenster wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:17 pm If you are thinking soon of selling please ping me. Im looking for a Z4 Coupe pref sub 90k mileage.

My ideal car/colour would be

Ruby Black with Burgundy(not sure what official colour name is just not that bright red leather) or black interior. Would entertain other colours apart from plain old SilverGrey or Monaco/Montego Blue.

Must haves -

Heated Seats
Xenons or Bi-Xenons

Like to haves
SatNav
Better than Business head unit i think Carver or Logic (still new to this)
Reading your reply to another Newbie thread, it sounds like you need to get behind the wheel & engine of an ///M. It will not feel like your S3, as it loves to be revved. That however is the beauty of the thing and why I love the NA engine. Lazy torque is for taxi's and GT's. It can make for faster progress, if controlled, it does not make for more fun. For that stick with NA until they sus how to make tubro's fun. :wink:

Kenster

Post by Kenster » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi BuzyG

No you're right i do need to test an M which is what im doing tomorrow. I am surprised a few reviews and opinions linked from these forums indicate on a track or road you'd struggle to shake off an N52 powered Sport coupe at the wheel of an S54 powered veehickle.

This is one think id like to confirm myself, i hit the sport button yesterday and i didn't notice any discernible difference in power, only a stiffer feel to ride i believe.

Yes i agree whilst my 8P S3 had bags of mid range torque indeed it didn't really want to rev, at the same time i could make good progress without all and sundry knowing i am trying to.

Shoot me for this but so far one of my favourite sounding engines has been the 335i (N54) or the 1M variant. However like i said i really was impressed with the E86 lovely lines to it im really keen on one.

One more thing people say Sat Nav is useless and newer version maps on discs screws up or freezes on this unit. Is it that bad?

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:47 pm

Kenster wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:40 pm Hi BuzyG

No you're right i do need to test an M which is what im doing tomorrow. I am surprised a few reviews and opinions linked from these forums indicate on a track or road you'd struggle to shake off an N52 powered Sport coupe at the wheel of an S54 powered veehickle.

This is one think id like to confirm myself, i hit the sport button yesterday and i didn't notice any discernible difference in power, only a stiffer feel to ride i believe.

Yes i agree whilst my 8P S3 had bags of mid range torque indeed it didn't really want to rev, at the same time i could make good progress without all and sundry knowing i am trying to.

Shoot me for this but so far one of my favourite sounding engines has been the 335i (N54) or the 1M variant. However like i said i really was impressed with the E86 lovely lines to it im really keen on one.

One more thing people say Sat Nav is useless and newer version maps on discs screws up or freezes on this unit. Is it that bad?
If you are taking an ///M out tomorrow, be sure to wait until it's warmed through properly. find a safe spot, then bury the throttle at 4000 rpm in 3rd. It's still off cam at that point. You should feel the change at 4500, then take it as far as you dare towards the limiter at 8000. It won't take long. :wink:

When pushing on in the ///M the ratio's make it easy enough to keep above 4500 and up there the throttle response is a thing to behold, making the car so easy to balance, so unlike a turbo engine. Of course when your just lumbering around the push of a turbo coming on song is a fun party piece, but there is simply not the finesse of NA. :D

The Sat Nav is pants, either by one without or replace it after you buy it, as many have done on here. Mine stopped working two years ago. I have made no attempt to repair it, waste of space. IMHO :thumbsdown:

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:06 pm

Kenster wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:40 pm Hi BuzyG

If you are talking about sport button on a zed it has no effect on suspension. On non ///M increases throttle sensitivity and weightens steering. On auto hold onto gears longer also.

On an ///M it just increases throttle sensitivity.