Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Brand new Calibre Friction Wheels

You must have a post count >25 to post adverts in here (private sales only, no traders)
dazols

Brand new Calibre Friction Wheels

Post by dazols » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:16 am

Hi All

i have a set of brand new alloy wheels for sale, i got these for the wifes Mazda 2 sport but they do not fit as they rub on the plastic inner wheel arch on the rear :( they have been fitted to her car for all of 5 minutes. so they are spotless and even have the sticky marks on the tyres still. they are Calibre Friction blue wheels with Falken tyres, size are 17x7in with 205x45x17 the stud pattern is mazda 4x100 and also 4x108 it comes two sets of rings and wheel nuts to fit mazda and ford. but i have looked online and it appears some vauxhall cars have the same pattern.

im looking to get some money back on them as they are just sitting here taking up room. i paid £750 but am willing to take £500 ono for them, collection is best based in essex but can deliver if in the essex area.

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Brand new Calibre Friction Wheels

Post by BMWZ4MC » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:52 pm

That's bad luck -if they are rubbing on the inboard side then spacers will help. Obviously if they are rubbing the outer part of the arch then they will only fit if you roll the arch....
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

dazols

Post by dazols » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:20 am

no it was the plastic inside the wheel are on one wheel only, they have made a lump to cover the back of the exhaust box and the tyre rubs on that. the other three are fine with no problems. i can go for a lower profile tyre but for her car and the roads she drives down i just don't see them lasting. im looking at getting a set of 15 or 16 inch now with a 50 or 45 profile. but need these gone first.

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:03 pm

So it's the inside edge of the tyre rubbing the plastic arch liner on the inboard side of the arch as opposed to the outside face of the wheel and tyre rubbing the outer part of the arch. If it only just touches then 5mm spaces all round would improve things, or 10mm spacers if it's rubbing badly. Just a thought to save you the hassle of replacing the wheels and tyres.
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone