Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Auto-Start/Stop not working properly

BeardyJon

Post by BeardyJon » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:17 pm

I was waiting at a red light and the auto-stop engaged, and when I started to pull away I stalled the engine as the auto-start was starting up the engine again, and it cut out and displayed a message on the iDrive (can't remember as it was a long paragraph - something about it being deactivated). Since then the message hasn't returned and there are no indicators to say that there's anything wrong, it just doesn't stop the engine when the car comes to a stop.

Ever since then, the auto-start/stop function hasn't worked properly. I can't find a way to reactivate it in iDrive, and the on/off button is set to on by default, so I'm not sure what the problem is or what to do.

Any ideas?
2012 E89 sDrive20i M Sport Celtic Tuning Stage 3 Remap
2008 E86 Z4 M Sport 2.0i - Gone
2003 E46 316ti M Sport - Gone

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:12 pm

You might not have a problem.
In the Mini we had the auto start stop only worked under certain conditions.
These conditions were based on battery condition, outside temperature and a couple of other things I think.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

mcbutler

Post by mcbutler » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:30 pm

Take it for a good long run, or charge the battery overnight, you may well find it works then.
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather