Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 2.0 I sdrive my sport CLINKING NOISE!! Need help!!

Skeats233

Z4 2.0 I sdrive my sport CLINKING NOISE!! Need help!!

Post by Skeats233 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:52 pm

Okay so I buy a second hand z4 40,000 miles serviced every year well looked after so it seemed. Fresh wheels mot and service etc.
2 days after buying the engine shuts off with a jammed starter motor. Dealer puts it into BMW turns out the crank shafts is f*cked. Whole new engine.. Dealer paid, happy days..
I then started to notice a metallic clink from the underside of the car, normally when I start to drive and sometimes when I stop or change gear. Bmw check it out and tell me it's the rear differential and nothing to do with the engine change... Okay that's fine too
They then told me other z4's make this noise and it's "completely normal" with nothing to worry about...
A short Google later I find its fairly common but I can't seem to find a solution.
The new diff is £2000 and before I spend out on it, which others seem to have done and still found they have a metallic clink I wanted to know if anyone has similar noises or if anyone has some suggestions for me.

I'm not to mechanically minded so go easy 8)