Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Iphone usb music control

supersam89

Iphone usb music control

Post by supersam89 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:54 pm

hey guys, new to the forum.Had my z4 since December been loads of fun.
However the issue ive recently is i cant control my iphones music through the usb connection anymore. Has been working fine up until a few weeks ago. Was able to change tracks and playlists using the idrive system. it still connects using the blutooth but its abit of a ballache having to change track on the phone screen. Last night i sat in the car trying to do a software update but it wasnt reading anything on the usb i inserted. :headbang: kinda makes me think its the usb port thats bust but surely it wouldn't acknowledge the phones connected or charge it etc.Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and whether or not anyone knows why?

cheers boys and girls :thumbsup:

p.s my baby......

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Iphone usb music control

Post by john-e89 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:26 pm

Hi Sam, welcome!

I posted about this just two weeks ago in the E89 section, I'm having exactly the same problem, started about 3weeks ago, sorry I hav'nt been able to sort it yet either, it's bloody frustrating is'nt it. My software is up to date and I've tried a different lead but still no joy. I'm at a loss as to what to do next but it's strange you have the problem too, I'm going to let a tech savvy mate have a go at it hopefully this week, I'll post up any developments.

Nice looking car btw, which engine is it? :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:38 pm

supersam89, welcome to the forum... :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

supersam89

Post by supersam89 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:59 am

john-e89 wrote:Hi Sam, welcome!

I posted about this just two weeks ago in the E89 section, I'm having exactly the same problem, started about 3weeks ago, sorry I hav'nt been able to sort it yet either, it's bloody frustrating is'nt it. My software is up to date and I've tried a different lead but still no joy. I'm at a loss as to what to do next but it's strange you have the problem too, I'm going to let a tech savvy mate have a go at it hopefully this week, I'll post up any developments.

WLH wrote:supersam89, welcome to the forum... :thumbsup:
Thanks guys! Mines the 23i Msport.And yeah its really frustrating i just dont know what it can be.looks like its going to be a trip to the dealer where they'll plug in a usb for two seconds, tell me its sorted and clear my bank account.Has anyone else tried installing a software update themselves or do most people just go to the dealer? :|

Reikikid

Post by Reikikid » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:55 pm

I have had my E89 since mid Jan, and one of the first things I did was a update of the software and the sat nav - both went without a hitch. For the soft ware update goto and enter your vin number. Save it to a stick and load via the usb port in the centre console / arm rest:
http://www.bmw.com/update

:driving:
Driving BMW Z4 23i Highline M Sport, Alpine White, Red Coral Red Kansas Leather.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:59 pm

Reikikid wrote:I have had my E89 since mid Jan, and one of the first things I did was a update of the software and the sat nav - both went without a hitch. For the soft ware update goto and enter your vin number. Save it to a stick and load via the usb port in the centre console / arm rest:

Thanks very much for the post and link, it's worth a shot but my car is'nt even a year old, surely it does'nt need updating yet?

Hopefully it'll cure the OP's car.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Reikikid

Post by Reikikid » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:16 pm

john-e89, if your cars only a year old I would go back to your dealer and ask them for advise.
Driving BMW Z4 23i Highline M Sport, Alpine White, Red Coral Red Kansas Leather.

supersam89

Post by supersam89 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:55 am

Reikikid wrote:I have had my E89 since mid Jan, and one of the first things I did was a update of the software and the sat nav - both went without a hitch. For the soft ware update goto and enter your vin number. Save it to a stick and load via the usb port in the centre console / arm rest:

yeah i tried all this but it didnt seem to find anything on the usb for some reason.
john-e89 wrote:Hi Sam, welcome!

just to let you know i got a paperclip in the power slot at the bottom of the iphone and it was full of dust etc so cleaned it out and now works fine :headbang:

Mactran

Iphone usb music control

Post by Mactran » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:07 pm

Not sure if this has been fixed but just a thought.. it could be an apple update and not have anything to do with the car.

Chezsherman

Iphone usb music control

Post by Chezsherman » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:16 am

supersam89 wrote: it still connects using the blutooth but its abit of a ballache having to change track on the phone screen.
You can still change songs on the multifunction wheel when it is connect by Bluetooth is doesn't have to be on the phone screen.
Previous car Bmw z4 2.0i sport 07 plate, sapphire black, M sport interior. now with Gaptech RCH+ module, MTec drilled and grooved disks, MV1 alloys in a dark chrome finish.
Current car E89 2014 20i sdrive msport with idrive.

InvisibleName

Iphone usb music control

Post by InvisibleName » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:29 pm

john-e89 wrote:

Thanks very much for the post and link, it's worth a shot but my car is'nt even a year old, surely it does'nt need updating yet?

Hopefully it'll cure the OP's car.
If your car is only a year old, assuming you have iDrive, you can update from the the menu in the car
28i M Sport / auto / Mineral Grey - Walnut leather