Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E89 Fuse Diagram

David-H

E89 Fuse Diagram

Post by David-H » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:01 pm

Prior to fitting a new Blackvue DR650GW dashcam with a Power Magic Pro hardwire unit, I have been looking for a fuse diagram and have only had limited success. The only one I have found is this one, which was posted on another forum. I'm not sure if it's any good ond, if it is, which live fuse and non-live fuse to use for the PM Pro. Anyone done this or can comment?

BMW Z4 3.0i auto ¦ Titanium Silver
107's : Drexler LSD
BMW M6 Gran Coupe ¦ Black Sapphire Metallic
DCT box with competition pack
Audi R8 4.2 Quattro¦ Grey metallic
6-speed manual :driving:

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Fuse Diagram

Post by Maniac » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:13 pm

Looks right. If you drop the panel under the glovebox this leaflet thingy is in there.

Gizmo

E89 Fuse Diagram

Post by Gizmo » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:30 am

Hi,

I'm looking for a not-always-live fuse for the same reason - did you ever find one? I'd be very grateful if someone could help with this as the whole fuse-carrier is very inaccessible to try them out one at a time!

Gizmo

David-H

E89 Fuse Diagram

Post by David-H » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:04 pm

Gizmo wrote:Hi,

I'm looking for a not-always-live fuse for the same reason - did you ever find one? I'd be very grateful if someone could help with this as the whole fuse-carrier is very inaccessible to try them out one at a time!

Gizmo
I got it fitted at an Auto-electrician's place as it was easier than me fiddling about! :oops:
BMW Z4 3.0i auto ¦ Titanium Silver
107's : Drexler LSD
BMW M6 Gran Coupe ¦ Black Sapphire Metallic
DCT box with competition pack
Audi R8 4.2 Quattro¦ Grey metallic
6-speed manual :driving:

Gizmo

E89 Fuse Diagram

Post by Gizmo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:19 pm

Thanks DLH for the swift reply. I found on another thread that fuse 8 is switched, and feeds the lighter sockets - ideal. While checking that F8 worked as I hoped I discovered that the whole row 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 are in fact switched. As one was not in use on my car I put my piggyback fuse in there, so nothing disturbed and a satisfactory result. So for those who have found this thread intending to install phone chargers, dash-cams, radar detectors etc., that will hopefully be of some use. :-D

AnubisZed

E89 Fuse Diagram

Post by AnubisZed » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Sorry for the slightly late response to this, but this is the sheet from my UK 2011 23i, as you can see there are some minor differences to the one you've posted above.

This could be of some use to someone, maybe...
BMW-E89-2011-23i-UK.jpg
BMW-E89-2011-23i-UK.jpg (94.33 KiB) Viewed 7053 times
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

Big Bad Boris

E89 Fuse Diagram

Post by Big Bad Boris » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:37 pm

Resurrecting this old fuse post as I didn’t get to look t may headlamp washers today due to the rain.

From what I can make out the fuse for the headlamp washers Is no. 48, That fuse also appears in a couple of other places, but I’m not sure from the BMW hieroglyphics what else it controls, but obviously if those other items are working, then my issue isn’t the fuse... and the headlamp, washers may have been coded out as previously suggested (or they are broken somehow).

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Fuse Diagram

Post by Smartbear » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:03 am

Big Bad Boris wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:37 pm Resurrecting this old fuse post as I didn’t get to look t may headlamp washers today due to the rain.

From what I can make out the fuse for the headlamp washers Is no. 48, That fuse also appears in a couple of other places, but I’m not sure from the BMW hieroglyphics what else it controls, but obviously if those other items are working, then my issue isn’t the fuse... and the headlamp, washers may have been coded out as previously suggested (or they are broken somehow).
Ask someone with Carly if they’re willing to connect to your car & look at its status.
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Big Bad Boris

E89 Fuse Diagram

Post by Big Bad Boris » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:13 am

Anyone in and around the Braintree / Essex area with a Carly that wouldn’t mind giving a hand as suggested by Rob the smartest of bears above?

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Fuse Diagram

Post by Smartbear » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:46 am

Big Bad Boris wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:13 am Anyone in and around the Braintree / Essex area with a Carly that wouldn’t mind giving a hand as suggested by Rob the smartest of bears above?
Morning Boris, you might be better off looking at this thread viewtopic.php?f=13&t=97818 :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

mcbutler

E89 Fuse Diagram

Post by mcbutler » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:01 pm

Remember that if you choose a switched live then your parking function on the camera will only work as long as the battery is charged, which in my experience with my nextbase GW522 GW is not very long at all!
If its connected to a permanent live the function is always available, the connection kit should have circuit to protect battery voltage if the car is let for long periods.
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

AnubisZed

E89 Fuse Diagram

Post by AnubisZed » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:55 am

mcbutler wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:01 pm Remember that if you choose a switched live then your parking function on the camera will only work as long as the battery is charged, which in my experience with my nextbase GW522 GW is not very long at all!
If its connected to a permanent live the function is always available, the connection kit should have circuit to protect battery voltage if the car is let for long periods.
On mine the Parking Guard has a built-in voltage protection that the user can set to a required minimum voltage (and it works!! :roll: )
Dave

mcbutler

E89 Fuse Diagram

Post by mcbutler » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:35 am

AnubisZed wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:55 am
mcbutler wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:01 pm Remember that if you choose a switched live then your parking function on the camera will only work as long as the battery is charged, which in my experience with my nextbase GW522 GW is not very long at all!
On mine the Parking Guard has a built-in voltage protection that the user can set to a required minimum voltage (and it works!! :roll: )
Mine too, but it still runs the battery flat camera is a nextbase 522GW with the NB fitting kit, never been that impressed with the camera or kit..
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

AnubisZed

E89 Fuse Diagram

Post by AnubisZed » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:07 am

mcbutler wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:35 am
Mine too, but it still runs the battery flat camera is a nextbase 522GW with the NB fitting kit, never been that impressed with the camera or kit..
This is the one I got, fairly generic but same kit and at a decent price here with the Parking Guard included. I've had mine in for about 3 years now and it runs great, lovely sharp picture quality (1080p HD) and easy to install (OK apart from running the cable to the rear!!).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK2-Mini-090 ... Sw64ha2G27
Dave

mcbutler

E89 Fuse Diagram

Post by mcbutler » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:13 am

AnubisZed wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:07 am
mcbutler wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:35 am

This is the one I got, fairly generic but same kit and at a decent price here with the Parking Guard included. I've had mine in for about 3 years now and it runs great, lovely sharp picture quality (1080p HD) and easy to install (OK apart from running the cable to the rear!!).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK2-Mini-090 ... Sw64ha2G27
Mine has a rear view module plugged in the side of the main camera, far easier.. Every time I have needed an image from the camera it has been to blurred to read registrations and night video is garbage. Its my 4th camera, first three were just useless, overheating to the point of smoking with the first one, second and third would not connect to the app and also could not get the SD card out of the third one! Even this one keeps locking up and I have to hold the power button for ages to reset it...
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather