Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Parking sensors

BKdiver

Parking sensors

Post by BKdiver » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:58 am

Hi I appreciate there are quite a few topics on this, however I'm having an issue which is intermittent. All of the sensors seem to be working (they are clicking when reverse is engaged) but when I start to move backwards the beeps go from be spaced out to a solid tone even though I'm no where near an object. I have had the bumper off, cleaned the sensors and even bought and new sensor unit, but the issue remains on and intermittent basis. Any suggestions :headbang:

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Parking sensors

Post by firebobby » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:47 am

BKdiver wrote:Hi I appreciate there are quite a few topics on this, however I'm having an issue which is intermittent. All of the sensors seem to be working (they are clicking when reverse is engaged) but when I start to move backwards the beeps go from be spaced out to a solid tone even though I'm no where near an object. I have had the bumper off, cleaned the sensors and even bought and new sensor unit, but the issue remains on and intermittent basis. Any suggestions :headbang:
My ones do the same every now and then but as it's a fine day 2nd car only, I can live with it when it happens, doesn't help you though.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Amg01

Parking sensors

Post by Amg01 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:26 pm

BKdiver wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:58 am Hi I appreciate there are quite a few topics on this, however I'm having an issue which is intermittent. All of the sensors seem to be working (they are clicking when reverse is engaged) but when I start to move backwards the beeps go from be spaced out to a solid tone even though I'm no where near an object. I have had the bumper off, cleaned the sensors and even bought and new sensor unit, but the issue remains on and intermittent basis. Any suggestions :headbang:
I had the intermittent sound and then today they have stopped working with the parking sensor and caution sign, has anyone has this ptoblem? Is it linked to water ingress into the boot which I seem to have again?
Silver E89 Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Amg01

Parking sensors

Post by Amg01 » Sun May 02, 2021 11:54 am

I have managed to work out I need to replace 2 rear parking sensors, has anyone done this? Any recommendations for supplier they are a few online and how easy/difficult is it to take the bumper off?
Silver E89 Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

rdm05z4

Parking sensors

Post by rdm05z4 » Sun May 02, 2021 8:20 pm

With the long nose on these cars never understood why they didn't put sensors in the front as well? Not just these cars but all news ones? Stop the dreaded curb rash in front and much worse if not careful. You could always have the option to turn it on or off.
2005 3.0i Manual, Sterling Gray Metallic Sport suspension, heated seats, top line Business Cd radio
2007 Nissan Maxima -Silver-Auto
2009 VW Wolfsburg Jetta-Black-6sp manual

Zed Baron

Parking sensors

Post by Zed Baron » Sun May 02, 2021 9:13 pm

rdm05z4 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:20 pm With the long nose on these cars never understood why they didn't put sensors in the front as well? Not just these cars but all news ones? Stop the dreaded curb rash in front and much worse if not careful. You could always have the option to turn it on or off.
On uk cars the pdc option is front and back sensors, the only ones I've seen on just the rear are after market