Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

CC-ID 415

strugglinauthor

CC-ID 415

Post by strugglinauthor » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi all,

For the last few days I've been welcomed by a yellow car on a ramp when I start the engine. Car seems normal apart from that. When I run check control and hold the select button in for a few seconds (I found that purely be experiment), it shows CC-ID 415. There seems to be differing opinion on the Net as to what it means, but may be battery related. Before I contact BMW, does anyone know what it's trying to tell me?

Thanks.

metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

CC-ID 415

Post by metal licker » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:48 pm

I had a similar problem after the car was sat for a while took it to BMW and came up with no codes but I took it for a good blast out and it didn't come on again so guessing its battery related :?
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

CC-ID 415

Post by jamie_z4 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:50 pm

low battery charge. Had it on my E92, replaced battery & have to get BMW to code the new battery to the car :o
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

strugglinauthor

CC-ID 415

Post by strugglinauthor » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:50 pm

Thanks for the replies.

So I guess it's telling me that the battery may have an issue - i.e. it's having trouble holding a charge - rather than it's not receiving enough current to charge it? If so then it's understandable; the car is six years old now so I guess that's not unreasonable. Anyone know (gulps) how much BMW will charge for a new one? I never know if it's one of those consumables where a third party will sell something every bit as good or whether you really should opt for the genuine item.